What to do with my K02 tires???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NH-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a pro at this stuff, so I need the thoughtful input and advice from the group...

I decided to lift my 2019 with a 4 1/2" Rough Country lift kit. With it, I will be putting on 20" KMC Machete wheels and 37" Nitto Terra Grappler tires.

Questions:

Where is the best place to go to list the original BFG 35" K02s for sale?

What's a reasonable price to sell them? They will have less than 100 miles on them when I sell them next week.

Should I keep the spare in case of an emergency, or will the 35" tire simply not work with 37s" on the other wheels--even over short distances?

Based upon the answer above, should I sell the set as 4 tires, or 5?

I'm assuming that 37s" won't fit where the current spare is located, under the bed.

Thanks for the advice.

NH-Raptor

dew.man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should not run a 35" spare with 37s and a 37 won't fit under the bed.

You can list the set of 5 on Craigslist. Beadlocks are worth $2k+ while the basic style should net $1500 or so...

OP
OP
NH-Raptor

NH-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks dew.man; very helpful.

Brett, the factory shocks will remain. Other than the lift kit, the factory suspension will remain as-is.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my stock 315x70xR17 BFG KO2's for $600 for all 5 tires, no rims. If you have half or more tread left you should be able to sell EZ. Just put them online or put the word out. My landscape guy bought mine and put them on his Dodge Ram HD. Never had to run an ad. Popular stock tire and size. Brand new they run about $300.

Replaced stock with 5 Firestone Destination MT2's 35x12.5xR17. They fit perfectly, just 1 inch taller at actual measured diameter of 34.8". There's still 1/2" of clearance at front bumper and backside of front fenderliner with steering turned lock to lock. Even though these are taller tires they corner better and grip much better on the street than the stock BFG's. Hard to spin the back tires now. I've had these tires before and they lasted 80,000 miles! Only downside is they drop City MPG by 1 to 2 MPG. That will happen with most mud tires and taller/wider more agressive tires.

I'll post pics later.

Aloha, HT

Last edited:

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a pro at this stuff, so I need the thoughtful input and advice from the group...

I decided to lift my 2019 with a 4 1/2" Rough Country lift kit. With it, I will be putting on 20" KMC Machete wheels and 37" Nitto Terra Grappler tires.

Questions:

Where is the best place to go to list the original BFG 35" K02s for sale?

What's a reasonable price to sell them? They will have less than 100 miles on them when I sell them next week.

Should I keep the spare in case of an emergency, or will the 35" tire simply not work with 37s" on the other wheels--even over short distances?

Based upon the answer above, should I sell the set as 4 tires, or 5?

I'm assuming that 37s" won't fit where the current spare is located, under the bed.

Thanks for the advice.

NH-Raptor
No offense..... your truck..... but that rough country lift is junk. I know it’s a cheap way to lift your truck, but please save the money and look into some better options. If your wanting to run 37’s, there are a few better options for this truck. Don’t ruin it with a lift like this... again, just a recommendation.

OP
OP
NH-Raptor

NH-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moose,

Thank you for your feedback.

Do you generally just not like lift kits, or do you think that Rough Country’s is just of poor design and/or manufacturing quality?

It seems like most of the lift kit companies, such as Fab-Tech, all have similar designs.

For what it’s worth, I’ll generally just be running my truck in deep snow, so I like to have the height.

Again, thank you for the input.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...Here's the deal and it's your truck and no dis-respect intended..If all you needed was a truck to lift and enjoy the snow, the Raptor was the wrong purchase. The Raptor's strong points are it's suspension, and how the overall package works...and when you butcher (yes I said that because you have to cut up parts of the frame up front) a Raptor it loses some of that and of course everyone else knows you butchered up a Raptor...Who buys a Raptor then ruins it?

The RC Lift kit?...It's a lift kit, not a performance suspension kit so why would you expect the suspension to perform better?....comes with 4" blocks for the rear?...the worst thing to do to a leaf spring suspension (bad enough Ford had 2" blocks) and why a "suspension" kit replaces the whole spring pak...

"...So I went to 5 different dealers to find a Ruby Red F150 and finally found one...and the first thing I did after getting it home was to paint it black!"

Sound familiar?....:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter