Sync3 Info System with major bugs—what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ParkCity06

Reaction score
My entertainment center has suddenly become very buggy. If CarPlay is ever recogized via USB, i have to go through a series of connection prompts—5-6 of them, before car play works. And every time I start the call.

I also get times where the screen stays black, and plays the FM Channel last listened to, and where i have no control to change the change or even turn off the audio—so i just turn down the volume.

Finally, sometimes the rear view camera stays on even when in drive.

I have started with apple to learn if it was an iPhone problem, but i dont’ have this issue of connectivity with my daughters 2020 F-150.

Anyone else have gone through this, and what was the remedy? Will make an appointment with Ford, but thought I would ask the forum first.

Thanks all.

deadeye99

Reaction score
Mine was acting up about a year ago after a sync update that didn't install properly. I went on Fords website and downloaded the newest sync update, they use your vin#, and I reset sync and installed the update through the usb. No problems since and saved a trip to the dealer. Hope this helps. Bob

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most CarPlay issues are caused by the cord; if it is worn, damaged, or cheap aftermarket, it will not work consistently and will have functionality issues.

The majority of infotainment system concerns are device and/or app related. It’s best to do a Master Reset and update to the latest version of Sync.

OP
OP
P

ParkCity06

Reaction score
Thanks all-

i use new cords, but i shouldn’t have to go through the setup prompts for car play every time i start the truck.

i will go online to learn how to do the master reset. Hopefully it will solve the camera issue too.

Thanks again.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My entertainment center has suddenly become very buggy. If CarPlay is ever recogized via USB, i have to go through a series of connection prompts—5-6 of them, before car play works. And every time I start the call.

I also get times where the screen stays black, and plays the FM Channel last listened to, and where i have no control to change the change or even turn off the audio—so i just turn down the volume.

I have started with apple to learn if it was an iPhone problem, but i dont’ have this issue of connectivity with my daughters 2020 F-150.

Anyone else have gone through this, and what was the remedy? Will make an appointment with Ford, but thought I would ask the forum first.

Thanks all.

This is what's going on--Your APIM has a memory full issue with the latest SYNC 3.4 Build 22251!

SYNC 3.4 issue

tlrmade

Reaction score
Most CarPlay issues are caused by the cord; if it is worn, damaged, or cheap aftermarket, it will not work consistently and will have functionality issues.

The majority of infotainment system concerns are device and/or app related. It’s best to do a Master Reset and update to the latest version of Sync.
this all has to do with the latest update from Ford. Mine was fine until that update via usb.

Doing the reset helps get it back to normal.

My issues
Touch screen doesnt work sometimes
Black Screen....this is 9/10 times it messes up.
Back up camera stays on entire time....this can make me motion sick haha

tlrmade

Reaction score

Thanks all.
yes this happens to me 9/10 times I turn my truck on.

Morgan

Reaction score
I'm not affiliated with these guys, but I did receive one of their early release CANopener products several years ago. Great product and excellent service/ communication (back then).
If I were having this issue, I would call and ask for advice/support.

debauch

Reaction score
There must have been an update a few days ago. Mine has been slow, buggy, and keeps resetting. It just started a few days ago.