What raptor look do u like better? Gen 1 Gen 2 gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since ford went the v6 route with the Raptor, I wish they would have at least used the tried and true 300 inline 6 :) These things make some serious power on 15lbs boost!
Great idea sasquatch. You're right, they should have taken a engine designed in 1964, thrown a Detroit Diesel 6.5 turbo on it, and sold it as a brand new high performance engine in the Raptor. Are you really that clueless?

No disrespect to the old 300, only to the sasquatch.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great idea sasquatch. You're right, they should have taken a engine designed in 1964, thrown a Detroit Diesel 6.5 turbo on it, and sold it as a brand new high performance engine in the Raptor. Are you really that clueless?

No disrespect to the old 300, only to the sasquatch.
See @9th Island raptor , didn't take too long for the sasquatch to come over to your thread, ha ha ha.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to bite my tongue. Couldn't find a decent picture of my '14 STX work truck alongside my '13 Raptor but...it's night and day, they aren't even in the same ballpark. '09-'14 F150's in every trim were not easily mistaken for Gen1 Raptors. IMHO at least, when they were both out there you could damn sure tell which was which...and it wasn't just the decals or clearance lights in the grill that everybody is imitating now haha! This is the closest I could find, right after I got mine, wide and curvy where the rest of the F150's were thin and boxy:
View attachment 347782
But again, I wish I had one of each, I really like the Gen2 & 3 despite the little 6-banger :Big Laugh:
For me the Gen1 fenders, hood and besides are iconic. GEN2 SCREW is hard to beat for looks especially the front clip. Gen3 front end isn't the best looking but the 4 links rear and fixing the cam phaser issue is worth the extra $$ 2020 Gen2 and the 2010 are said to be the most reliable.