What is Paint Correction and Ceramic Coating?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alphatwox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine done at Eco Care Detailing off Clark road. They are also Ceramic Pro Sarasota. Their facility is top notch. The full coverage with lifetime warranty was $1999. Jay was who I was dealing with. Great guy, super helpful. They were doing quite a few Ferrari and Lamborghini when I dropped mine off so I felt they were legit. Dropped it off for about 5 days and the results were amazing. Couldn’t be happier.
Perfect! Thanks!!

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All in you're looking about $3500 for that job, call it $600 for stage two prep, $2000 for PPF, $900 for ceramic coating.

Can someone explain to me what PPF is and why it's so expensive?

EDIT: PPF = Paint Protection Film aka clear bra .... that makes sense

So you paint correct, clear bar and then ceramic on top?

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what PPF is and why it's so expensive?

EDIT: PPF = Paint Protection Film aka clear bra .... that makes sense

So you paint correct, clear bar and then ceramic on top?

PPF itself is relatively cheap; it's the install that makes it expensive. You can buy a kit for a DIY install but it will look terrible.

Yes, paint correct, clear bra, then ceramic.

RaptorSRQ

Reaction score
Small world. Another Bradenton guy here. I tried to get a quote from Ceramic Pro and they never got back to me. Maybe I'll try that other shop.
I got a quote from the shop in Bradenton in Lena road and they were about $500 more than the one in Sarasota. They were much closer to my house but worth the drive to save $500. I also got a quote from them for xpel stealth pod and it was $10k. I can pm you the contact info for jay at ceramic pro Sarasota if you’d like to give them another chance

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm seeing a few owners taking there new trucks and having the paint corrected, huh? And then spending thousands and having paint and who knows what else ceramic coated? I know how to clay bar and wax a vehicle. Even have certain parts clear wrapped for paint protection. But paint correction and ceramic coating is new to me. And why is it so dang expensive? Did I miss adding this to my budget? Will it push me over the top at the Mall? Please school me.

it's for people that have too much money and need to burn some of it.

If you have a clay bar and know how to use it along with a basic wax thats enough.