Paint Correction & Ceramic Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricEst1978

Reaction score
Have some fitment issues with the truck and my garage. Not sure if I'll be able to remedy them well enough for day to day use so the truck will likely live in the driveway and be pulled into the garage only during hail/ice storms.

With that in mind, I thought it would be a good idea to get the truck ceramic coated to protect the paint a bit. In conjunction with the coating, I'm planning to at least have a 1-step paint correction done on the truck. For those who have had this done, or are knowledgeable about it, what's an appropriate price to pay for this type of work on a vehicle the size of a Raptor? Have received quotes of $1000-1,900, which seems like a pretty wide range.

Definitely NOT looking for the cheapest person on the block... quality matters to me, but this isn't something I've ever had done on any vehicle I've owned. Thanks in advance! Cheers.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go for two stage. Its better to compound then polish, vs just polish.

Cant help on price, i typically do this myself, sorry.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Going by price is kinda difficult. Up here they run $500 and up. The chem guy we have come up from mass says they’re getting up to $3000. With the same P&S legend ceramic.

Maybe check out the shops and find good reviews for them.

I also do all my own work (detail shop) lol. Im not a huge fan of ceramic but thats not saying its bad, Its just personal preference.

OP
OP
EricEst1978

EricEst1978

Reaction score
Going by price is kinda difficult. Up here they run $500 and up. The chem guy we have come up from mass says they’re getting up to $3000. With the same P&S legend ceramic.

Maybe check out the shops and find good reviews for them.

I also do all my own work (detail shop) lol. Im not a huge fan of ceramic but thats not saying its bad, Its just personal preference.
Is there something that provides superior protection from the elements, namely the sun? Given the truck will mostly be outside, I just wanted to make sure I do what I can to keep the paint from getting hammered by the sun.

Thanks!

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do yourself with a clay bar first and turtle wax spray, save the pesos and get a clear bra after. I tried Adams on the interior and not bad on the pleather. No oil residue, not shiny sheen.

Attachments

• 42FC9AE5-E761-4166-8179-017245AFBE05.jpeg
    42FC9AE5-E761-4166-8179-017245AFBE05.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 54

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Is there something that provides superior protection from the elements, namely the sun? Given the truck will mostly be outside, I just wanted to make sure I do what I can to keep the paint from getting hammered by the sun.

Thanks!

Im a fan of collinite 845 it says it has uv protection but i also can’t confirm how well it does since im in Me where we dont get that much sun lol. My truck does live outside 24/7 unfortunately. The wax does great with rain and the harsh winters here. I apply it before and after the winter to keep it going strong. They do have a paste wax (better protection) which will be more work like a ceramic job.

Hopefully someone with more sun experience chimes in. Sorry im not more help GL man.

The pic is after a fresh coat so it does make this older paint shine and clean up easy!!

Attachments

• DC171BBB-BC44-4C38-AB35-B059EA18743F.jpeg
    DC171BBB-BC44-4C38-AB35-B059EA18743F.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 60

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mine wont fit in the garage mine
Do yourself with a clay bar first and turtle wax spray, save the pesos and get a clear bra after. I tried Adams on the interior and not bad on the pleather. No oil residue, not shiny sheen.

Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray is what I use.The paint is clean and I used a clay bar. The clear bra saves the front end from the sand and dirt from pitting the front. No wax or ceramic is going to save you. I hated having chips in my hood! My 2022 has zero now!​

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Im a fan of collinite 845 it says it has uv protection but i also can’t confirm how well it does since im in Me where we dont get that much sun lol. My truck does live outside 24/7 unfortunately. The wax does great with rain and the harsh winters here. I apply it before and after the winter to keep it going strong. They do have a paste wax (better protection) which will be more work like a ceramic job.

Hopefully someone with more sun experience chimes in. Sorry im not more help GL man.

The pic is after a fresh coat so it does make this older paint shine and clean up easy!!
I've used collinite 845, it is a great product. I just wish it lasted longer (that's what she said).

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had it professionally done twice, one cost 1400.00 and the other 750.00. I think the Adams spray graphene advanced ceramic coating works just as well. I do it myself at a cost of less than 100 bucks which includes the application cloths I throw away. I do it a couple time a year. It’s easy and fun, I do two coatings about 4 hours apart.

Attachments

• FDC88809-78AE-48B4-9C8D-FF23474CAE6B.jpeg
    FDC88809-78AE-48B4-9C8D-FF23474CAE6B.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 97