Is ceramic coating worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine done a while ago, what do you guys use after wash, spray detailer or anything specific for ceramic coats?

A drying aid. P&S Beadmaker, Obsessed Garage Drying Aid, or Adam's H2O Guard & Gloss. It provides an additional (albeit temporary) layer of protection. Use it at least every other wash to preserve the ceramic coating.

Johan

Reaction score
A drying aid. P&S Beadmaker, Obsessed Garage Drying Aid, or Adam's H2O Guard & Gloss. It provides an additional (albeit temporary) layer of protection. Use it at least every other wash to preserve the ceramic coating.
Thank you.

daytona1783

Reaction score
Had a correction done on my 2020, along with Gtechniq CSL, I added the Gtechniq spray top coat. For full truck correction and coating application it was $800. Id highly suggest you do the wheels. I did them myself, well worth it. Brake dust doesn’t stick at all anymore.

46555914-4A2C-4E0E-B2AA-AE333041F9A0.jpeg

lando_l44

Reaction score
I got mine done and would recommend it. I live in az and the sun here is brutal on paints..if you like keeping your vehicles clean it makes it a breeze washing it..the dirt washes right off and water marks wipe off using just a microfiber cloth.

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine done a while ago, what do you guys use after wash, spray detailer or anything specific for ceramic coats?

Generally anything that is spray wax, graphene , and ceramic spray (detailers) will just be an added layer on top of your ceramic coat. You can even go an easier route a spray and wash. This is a great and easy way to maintain your ceramic coat. example - 303 Spray & Rinse Ceramic Sealant.

AkamiNW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s your thoughts on ceramic coating.? I have a white 2022 and live in Southern California and unfortunately need to park My truck outside won’t fit in the garage. I’m a fanatic about keeping my cars immaculate is ceramic coating the way to go to protect my paint and keep the truck looking its best.? Or just have regular wax done a couple of times a year.?

Is ceramic coating something you can easily do yourself? Like a post wash treatment? Or is this best done by a detail shop? I'm not that familiar with the process

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is ceramic coating something you can easily do yourself? Like a post wash treatment? Or is this best done by a detail shop? I'm not that familiar with the process
It's not what I'd call "easy". You need the right conditions, lighting and materials to do it right and you have to prep the car first.

On the other hand- it is as simple as just smearing some liquid around and buffing it off one panel at a time, so with a little effort and research anyone can do it.

Jpro39

Reaction score
What’s your thoughts on ceramic coating.? I have a white 2022 and live in Southern California and unfortunately need to park My truck outside won’t fit in the garage. I’m a fanatic about keeping my cars immaculate is ceramic coating the way to go to protect my paint and keep the truck looking its best.? Or just have regular wax done a couple of times a year.?
I did mine, got 2 kits from chemical guys. Took delivery, drove it straight home and washed it, maybe an hour of clay bar and then about 3 hrs to ceramic it. Turned out great. Total cost $400