What is my truck worth? Trade in or private sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
every single option race red 12 screw 10,500 miles. mint condition 100% stock only on a completely flat dirt road one time in its life.

I know selling It outright will yield a few grand more but since I will be immediately buying another car I may just do a trade in since it will save the tax difference of 3grand on a 50k car.

Id really like to know what you guys got trading your trucks in, not just what kbb or whatever says.

Thanks guys.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My cousin who is a ***** for watching auctions saw one pretty much the same as ur situation go for $44,000. At an auction! That's extremely high. My bet would be private sale $48,000-$46,500. Trade in, which is always worse, would be around $41,500-$38,000 I would assume. My word is not the gospel either. That's just my guess or what I would market the truck for.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I saw a used 2010 SCab fully loaded 35,000 miles for sale for $50,000 here on SoCal. We are a little higher than the rest of the country but I would say you're safe asking for sticker on a private sale maybe 5 back at the most on trade in.

It's a sellers market this time of year. There is zero inventory right now.

Hoffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There worth almost sticker.
Sold my 2011 back to the same dealer I bought from last year
Paid 52K put 30k miles on it and beat it pretty hard. Lots of body scratches, broken running board, scratched and dinged wheels and used up tires.
They gave me 43k cash and then sold it for 50k+

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 2xK miles on mine and carmax offered me 41k, audi dealer offered me 43k.

(i kept it, thinking of a private sale my self possible since i have a shit ton of stuff i wouldnt mind installing)

Unless they change thier mind and give me 45k for it on a trade in for an rs5

OP
OP
FilthyRaptor

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm almost dead set on a new vette which is 58.5k and plan on paying msrp again ugh. I paid sticker 55.6k plus tax so Im hoping I can get at least 45k min as a trade in and the tax difference on the trade would equate that to about 48.5 as a private party sale. So is 49.5-50k realistic for me to put it on ebay and craigslist? Or is 45k trade in unrealistically high and I need to plan on getting closer to 42k for it?

Hard to get real numbers on a trade with a dealer because the new vette doesn't come out for 7 weeks. Id really just like to sell it outright and walk in to a dealer for an easy deal to pick up my order.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Stingray is pretty nice. The thought has crossed my mind as well. Be sure to post pix.

Sent with Tapatalk and my iPad --George (Pinenut with a Y)

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since your truck is fully loaded and you dont have high mileage and it stickered at $55.6K AND the it holds it value AND its desirable, I would ask for $53K private.