GEN 2 What else is in your garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Tullio

Reaction score
Well....was previously posted a good while ago, but what has made its way BACK to my garage after a full teardown is my ‘03Z06 - cooked a few pistons due to “hi-flo” cats in my ARH exhaust failing blowing out of their shells & plugged the exhaust only took 100 miles before she was spitting oil out the disptick & leaking from both front & rear seals. Luckily cam was unscathed as well as block etc

Got a lunati forged crank/wiseco pistons/connecting rods custom cut for blower application motor pulled balanced/blueprinted all new gaskets top end port/polished the heads, necked down to a 3.4 pulley on the A&A blower & added a 2nd methanol nozzle. On a stingy mustang dyno w/ conservative tune I’m @ 693whp/562 TQ - after 7-800 miles of breaking in this “new” engine will go in for oil change check tolerances & if all good add a lil timing & boost across the board & be good for 720-750whp on 93 octane. It puts it down fairly well too...diff has been built & braced, McLeod RXT twin disc good for 1200whp.... it’s a supercar heartbreaker ;-)

View attachment 155915

View attachment 155916

Man, that's got to put a smile on your face! Nicely done.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Slowhawk?? I have a built 4th gen from him

yeah buddy- I’ve had a few rides built by him in the past, I do some stuff myself but major tear down, blower install, cam etc him & his guys are masters can tear down & rebuild a vette soup to nuts in 72 hrs

also- In both instances when I’ve had a car torn down by him, it was tighter, quieter, & more solid then when I dropped it off to begin with.

lucky to live fairly close by & have such a good performance shop available

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

carbon fiber wheels are a must!!!!! The last mustang I liked as much as the GT500 was the 03-04 Cobra & before that I guess a 67 Shelby lol

truly a groundbreaking vehicle for Ford & the mustang brand- congrats man!!!!

I’ve been checking that thing out for a while on YouTube etc- check it out seen other guys making upwards of 750-1000whp w/ “bolt ons” (depends what your definition of that is I suppose)

I gotta ask....Altho maybe assume since you have the CF wheels- those stripes are painted on @ the factory vs vinyl correct?

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well....was previously posted a good while ago, but what has made its way BACK to my garage after a full teardown is my ‘03Z06 - cooked a few pistons due to “hi-flo” cats in my ARH exhaust failing blowing out of their shells & plugged the exhaust only took 100 miles before she was spitting oil out the disptick & leaking from both front & rear seals. Luckily cam was unscathed as well as block etc

Got a lunati forged crank/wiseco pistons/connecting rods custom cut for blower application motor pulled balanced/blueprinted all new gaskets top end port/polished the heads, necked down to a 3.4 pulley on the A&A blower & added a 2nd methanol nozzle. On a stingy mustang dyno w/ conservative tune I’m @ 693whp/562 TQ - after 7-800 miles of breaking in this “new” engine will go in for oil change check tolerances & if all good add a lil timing & boost across the board & be good for 720-750whp on 93 octane. It puts it down fairly well too...diff has been built & braced, McLeod RXT twin disc good for 1200whp.... it’s a supercar heartbreaker ;-)

View attachment 155915

View attachment 155916
Love the C6 - good power there for sure.

Been casually looking for a C6 ZR-1 without much luck. Something about American Muscle...

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love the C6 - good power there for sure.

Been casually looking for a C6 ZR-1 without much luck. Something about American Muscle...

I looked for a C6ZR1 before going full build on my 03Z06 - but it’s a C5Z not a C6Z06....as much as I like the LS7 it requires $3-4K in head/valvetrain work as peace of mind to prevent blowing it stock, & they can’t handle boost like the thicker walled LS1/3/6 blocks can.

My C5Z is unique in the vette world b/c it’s the lightest modern vette ever produced (3150 lbs stock) & it’s also the only one that DOESNT have a rear hatch/sloped back w/ all the glass. Has a fixed roof w/ a notch back like a C2 stingray

The C6ZR1 is my fav of the C6 years & only other C6 I really like is the grand sport w/ LS3 & stick shift- issue w/ C6ZR1 is they still pull all the $$$$ it’ll cost $60k to get into a decent one at least

C7s did not do it for me I’d love a C8 one day tho!!! FWIW my “old” modded C5Z will be making bout same power to the wheels that a C7 ZR1 is rated @ the crank while weighing bout 400 lbs less ;-)

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked for a C6ZR1 before going full build on my 03Z06 - but it’s a C5Z not a C6Z06....as much as I like the LS7 it requires $3-4K in head/valvetrain work as peace of mind to prevent blowing it stock, & they can’t handle boost like the thicker walled LS1/3/6 blocks can.

My C5Z is unique in the vette world b/c it’s the lightest modern vette ever produced (3150 lbs stock) & it’s also the only one that DOESNT have a rear hatch/sloped back w/ all the glass. Has a fixed roof w/ a notch back like a C2 stingray

The C6ZR1 is my fav of the C6 years & only other C6 I really like is the grand sport w/ LS3 & stick shift- issue w/ C6ZR1 is they still pull all the $$$$ it’ll cost $60k to get into a decent one at least

C7s did not do it for me I’d love a C8 one day tho!!! FWIW my “old” modded C5Z will be making bout same power to the wheels that a C7 ZR1 is rated @ the crank while weighing bout 400 lbs less ;-)

I had a cammed 02 Z06 and it was a blast! Are you going to track it?

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have a C5 M6 Vert that I love to drive - last of the flip-up headlights
Also a C7Z M7 Vert (last of the manuals) that according to the NCM is a 1-of-1 (ordered with R8C museum delivery) but I have to be in a certain mood to drive it. It is fun for sure.

Looking a the C8's and word around the campfire is the forthcoming Z06 will be NA so that intrigues me but not having a manual kind of turns me off a little. Always had manual sports cars but I understand the DCT is strong and fun to drive. Will probably end up with one at some point.
Manual transmissions = millennial anti-theft device.
PS sorry for the error on the C6 - whiskey goggles + titans game lol.