GEN 2 What else is in your garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a cammed 02 Z06 and it was a blast! Are you going to track it?

nah I have in the past originally took it drag strip Epping NH, been to Tomson motor speedway & Palmer when it was just a cam/headers car

I got rear ended (pretty minor) in it a while back & had a legit body shop (Ron’s auto restoration) paint the rear where hit but also the underside of hood/engine bay & the side skirts, so the paint is pretty mint for its age

I’ve touched way too much on it now to risk messing it up on track....I know what it’s capable of, the mod list is a lil ridiculous - it’s essentially a “rolling restomod” - besides the built motor-

A&A vortech T3 blower w/ 3.4 pulley
Stage 2 custom grind blower cam
**** addicts twin nozZle **** injection
Dewitt rad made for A&A blower w/ tranny cooler built in
Bosch 60 lb injectors
Heavy duty fuel pump (actually 2)
New Delphi ignition coils
MSD wires
Full 1-7/8” ARH headers
Ported intake/manifold/heads
TPS billet AL tunnel plate
MGW shifter
New steering rack/pressure hose/bushings
C6ZR1 sway bars
Moog endlinks all around
Moog ball joints pressed into bead blasted/cerakoted A-arms
DBA rotors & hawk ceramic pads
Russel SS brake lines
Spindles & brake calipers also pulled blasted/rebuilt
Brand new timken bearings waiting to go on
McLeod RXT twin disc ceramic clutch
RPM built 3.42 rear
Rebuilt/reinforced TQ tube
Poly motor mounts
Custom valved Bilstein shocks w/ poly mounts
Pulled interior added some dynamat
JL audio speakers/amp
HID/LED headlights w/ rebuilt headlight motors & bronze gears
Ripped out the door control module wiring each side for new deutsch 6 pin connectors (never worry bout electric gremlins)
Pulled the EBCM & sent to ABS fixer for rebuild

I dunno....I’m probably forgetting stuff....it LOOKS mostly stock....still has stock Titanium axleback...does not sound or pull or handle or stop like stock

wife refuses to ride in it anymore

smells like gas/burnt rubber (aka freedom)

In the right hands I’m sure it’s a mid 9 second car

I just like to whip around in it & embarrass guys in Porsche’s/R8s/AMGs etc occasionally, occasional car show, and I take my good girl Zora (female dobie) for rides in it to get ice cream

for real

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I bet that is a handfull. What tire are you running to handle all that power? I had a 2015 Viper that was insane at COTA. I miss that car and now I have a 2019 ZL1 Camaro with the 10speed auto. Much easier to drive and just as fast around the track. I miss having a light weight/high horse power car WITH A 6 SPEED! Nothing like it!

Last edited:

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice! I bet that is a handfull. What tire are you running to handle all that power? I had a 2015 Viper that was insane at COTA. I miss that car and now I have a 2019 ZL1 Camaro with the 10speed auto. Much easier to drive and just as fast around the track. I miss having a light weight/high horse power car WITH A 6 SPEED! Nothing like it!

only thing I can compare it to (as you’re aware) is riding a sport bike

I’m running Toyo R888Rs 315/30R18 rear 275/40R17 front

they will hook in 2nd in 75+ degree weather....or they DID when I was @ 600whp, I like em good barely steet legal tire you can drive to track w/ - I’ve done a couple HPDE days w/ em & still have meat, probably get 10k out of em maybe if not a maniac.

I tried Nitto NT01s they corner very well but not so great Straight line, had a combo of NT05 front NT05R rear before but got snap back oversteer & rears wear quickly

I’m thinking of picking up some 15” wheels w/ some Mickey Thompson ET street Rs or S/S’s for the rear & swapping out when I wanna really tear it up in summer - have scissor jack easy swap

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2020 Supra LE and 1995 F150 XLT

I so wanted more from the new Supra, a BMW clone was not any of it. They are nice, fast and cool but no targa and no 6 speed made me not want to look at them.

The A91 package is cool, but why did they not recreate what they had in the mid 90s to some extent. The older Supra still sells for more money than the new ones.

thunderlips

Reaction score
I so wanted more from the new Supra, a BMW clone was not any of it. They are nice, fast and cool but no targa and no 6 speed made me not want to look at them.

The A91 package is cool, but why did they not recreate what they had in the mid 90s to some extent. The older Supra still sells for more money than the new ones.

Ive been a fan of the car since I was a teenager. I sold my 93 TT for a nice chunk of change. Only thing I miss is the nostalgia factor. Two entirely different animals but I appreciate them both.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive been a fan of the car since I was a teenager. I sold my 93 TT for a nice chunk of change. Only thing I miss is the nostalgia factor. Two entirely different animals but I appreciate them both.

So you paid cash and still have a little left over with a new car. Nice..

In my area they give good discounts on them, and I almost swapped my STI for the S209 but there is not much of a difference between them. The next STI is supposed to make 400 HP but with the new 400Z coming out and a new GTR at some point there are a lot of cool cars coming before everything goes electric.

I have been into imports my whole life, would love to be able to find a 70-71 Cuda with the shaker hood and a 4 speed. Although Dodge has filed a patent on the new Barracuda name so it will be interesting to see what FCA does with that in a few years.

thunderlips

Reaction score
So you paid cash and still have a little left over with a new car. Nice..

In my area they give good discounts on them, and I almost swapped my STI for the S209 but there is not much of a difference between them. The next STI is supposed to make 400 HP but with the new 400Z coming out and a new GTR at some point there are a lot of cool cars coming before everything goes electric.

I have been into imports my whole life, would love to be able to find a 70-71 Cuda with the shaker hood and a 4 speed. Although Dodge has filed a patent on the new Barracuda name so it will be interesting to see what FCA does with that in a few years.

I used to own Eclipses and Integras back in the 90s before the FnF craze. I bought both my Supras before I drove or looked them in person. Its shocking what a tune does to the MKV. BabaYaga racing has a pretty good page showing its capabilities. I hope the rumors are true of a final edition in 2024 using a modified M3 engine.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to own Eclipses and Integras back in the 90s before the FnF craze. I bought both my Supras before I drove or looked them in person. Its shocking what a tune does to the MKV. BabaYaga racing has a pretty good page showing its capabilities. I hope the rumors are true of a final edition in 2024 using a modified M3 engine.

The potential with them is good straight out if the box GR racing had a lot to do with it. You have to admit though the older Supra is a totally different car than the new one. I thought about a Supra as they are not much more than my STI limited. I just like the gimics in the STI better I guess.

They are starting to get the 2 liters out there more which i am not sure but would think is a Toyota sourced piece. Maybe they will will do a targa sport top 6 speed in a year or so.