GEN 2 What else is in your garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I so wanted more from the new Supra, a BMW clone was not any of it. They are nice, fast and cool but no targa and no 6 speed made me not want to look at them.

The A91 package is cool, but why did they not recreate what they had in the mid 90s to some extent. The older Supra still sells for more money than the new ones.

What is kinda head scratching to me from Toyota is that while they’ve effectively let the entire Toyota brand rot on the vine as stale 1/2 ass updated “new” model year vehicles many of which haven’t changed a lick since the mid 2000s (pretty much all their trucks/SUVs & in case of the land cruiser even longer) - it’s not like they completely lack the ability to innovate- b/c while Lexus SUVs are just rebadged versions of the same stale crap from Toyota, the Lexus RC/RCf & LC seem to be clean sheet designs, have stunning interiors & have their own Toyota built performance engines.

I think they’re just obviously lazy & milking their supposed mythical reliability rep for all it’s worth biding their time trying to see if going full EV when it comes to their bread & butter vehicles makes sense. My guess is it won’t b/c the whole “idea” of EVs is completely flawed until the power grid/charging station availability catches up

there’s nothing WRONG w/ Toyota asking for BMWs help just like they did w/ Subaru, where they F’d up was not offering a stick shift - b/c my guess? There are more potential Supra buyers who would’ve preferred a manual than potential Z4 buyers who wanna row their own gears....

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hate to say it but the new Corvette is the most innovative sports car out today, mid engined, targa top with zero sixty under 3 ticks all for 60xxx thousand this is a steal

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hate to say it but the new Corvette is the most innovative sports car out today, mid engined, targa top with zero sixty under 3 ticks all for 60xxx thousand this is a steal

ive always been a corvette fanboy & was a GM die hard- the C8 is unreal....but that’s kinda the problem. It “cheapens” the ownership experience/draw/aura whatever you wanna call it for a lot of the highest end European etc mid engine/exotics. Make no bones bout it- the C6 GS/Z06/ZR1 already competed w/ or matched or beat a lot of exotics/hyper cars - let alone the C7 high performance variants- the C8 BASE car nips at the heels of a Porsche turbo, base mclaren etc

so- when the Z06, ZR1 & then possibly their true HyperCar “zora” edition come to fruition, other than name recognition, collector status, & extremely underwhelming reliability coupled w/ extreme high/obnoxious maintenance/repair costs- what exactly will be the real draw/accolades to be doled out for the likes of the lambo? Mclaren? Ferrari? Porsche? Etc....an M or AMG car? Bahahahjahahahahahhahahaha

GMs “mic drop” on the automotive world is significant- but they could have dialed it back a smidge and/or raised the price tag a bit to help the other overpriced BS out there too

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ive always been a corvette fanboy & was a GM die hard- the C8 is unreal....but that’s kinda the problem. It “cheapens” the ownership experience/draw/aura whatever you wanna call it for a lot of the highest end European etc mid engine/exotics. Make no bones bout it- the C6 GS/Z06/ZR1 already competed w/ or matched or beat a lot of exotics/hyper cars - let alone the C7 high performance variants- the C8 BASE car nips at the heels of a Porsche turbo, base mclaren etc

so- when the Z06, ZR1 & then possibly their true HyperCar “zora” edition come to fruition, other than name recognition, collector status, & extremely underwhelming reliability coupled w/ extreme high/obnoxious maintenance/repair costs- what exactly will be the real draw/accolades to be doled out for the likes of the lambo? Mclaren? Ferrari? Porsche? Etc....an M or AMG car? Bahahahjahahahahahhahahaha

GMs “mic drop” on the automotive world is significant- but they could have dialed it back a smidge and/or raised the price tag a bit to help the other overpriced BS out there too

Car and driver even admitted that it should be priced larger, but GM sets that and for what you get yes it is light years ahead of some exotics. I would rock one and I have been a life long import person.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The $60k starting price for a C8 is as common as a $57k Raptor starting price (good luck actually finding bare bones models on the street)

I think the C8 average price is going to be north of $70k.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The $60k starting price for a C8 is as common as a $57k Raptor starting price (good luck actually finding bare bones models on the street)

I think the C8 average price is going to be north of $70k.

A local dealer will order one for me at invoice and they just sold one for 67k new. However, most all I have seen are in the 80-120k range with mark up galore.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car and driver even admitted that it should be priced larger, but GM sets that and for what you get yes it is light years ahead of some exotics. I would rock one and I have been a life long import person.

The C8s are bringing over MSRP all over the place. I have been dabbling the thought of picking one up, although not at an ADMIN of 20K+. They are definitely the rage right now.

Sam