GEN 1 What do you wish you didn’t do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all know there’s 1000s of mods for the raptor. Whats something you did and later realized was kind of pointless or not worth it?

I have 2.
Lock pick and new door detents.

I paid close to $300 for the lock pick since i wanted a front and rear camera and thought it’d be cool to be able to mess with the nav while driving. Well, rear camera broke after 2 months and i haven’t replaced it and I’ve never used any of the other features. Been installed for 4 years now

Detents seemed cool and could help getting in and out when parked next to someone. I haven’t noticed any advantage. At least they were cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I’ve got lots of those for my SC 2013. -Ford Racing twin 65MM Throttle Body
-long tube headers (benefit not worth the installation headache IMO- I installed myself and wouldn’t if I had to do over. Also not worth the price if someone else did it, IMO)
-Corsa exhaust. Went through two busted baffles, now back to my own lightning exit done by local shop for $300. Waste of $1000+ for nothin’. Should have gone with DD from the start

If I had to do it over I’d put money into fenders and some other useful/beneficial things like rear bumper, cooling system, etc.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting the “rock sliders” from ADD. Waste of money and ripped the bolts right out of their mounts so now I have to get weld on’s. They are just heavy steps. Absolutely no advantage to have them.

I was looking heavily at those before I bought my RPG ones. Glad I went with RPG instead!

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- Mounting a light on the top/front of the cab. Light reflects off the dash and hood, making it harder to see than with it turned off. Looked cool though, which added 5HP during the day.

- Getting my RPG Raceline bumper without tabs for lights. Moved my bar from the top of the cab to the bumper and had to strip the bumper, weld tabs, and then powder coat again.

- Buying a Chinese light bar instead of BD, Rigid, or Vision-X. My 20" Rigid is brighter than my 52" no-name bar.

- Also, long tube headers. As @Ruckus08 said, just expensive and completely not worth it. Actually, my motor mount bolt backed out, motor shifted enough to smash the header into the frame, and now my truck is at the shop going back to stock manifolds.

- I'm not sure it was a mod, but I really regret topping my break fluid off with ATF.....that was an expensive, bone-headed "mod". I had just swapped out my steering rack and just wasn't paying attention when I went to bleed the power steering.