What did you pay +/- MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MSRP when ordered in August 2016 from MD dealer. Canceled last week after long run around and bought at MSRP at dealer in PA. Thanks to Raptorfinder.com.

FloJo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All dealer near me want 20k+ out here if i would to find a dealer near me at msrp ill would do it but 20k+ is just excessive

Honeybadger

Reaction score
MSRP when ordered in August 2016 from MD dealer. Canceled last week after long run around and bought at MSRP at dealer in PA. Thanks to Raptorfinder.com.

If you wouldn't mind, can you share info about best way to go about this? Do you look for trucks that have the cars.com/autotrader.com link and go from there?

FloJo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wouldn't mind, can you share info about best way to go about this? Do you look for trucks that have the cars.com/autotrader.com link and go from there?

How do you know where its located?

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found mine using AutoTrader. Did a search within 200 miles of my home. Donley Ford of Ashland OH popped up with 4 801a trucks on their lot. Truck was advertised at $59670 on the website. I called, verified pricing and options on the truck before I drove 2.5 hours. They confirmed, and I was on the road with 30 minutes. As I stated earlier, somehow I managed to get out the door Tax, Title and Tags for the $59670. I left there thinking I would be paying an additional 7% sales tax to Indiana when I got home, but when I went to BMV, they looked at paperwork and informed me that all was already paid and issued me a tag. You can do a search within a few hundred miles, or nationwide on Autotrader.com Give it a try, you may find what you're looking for at the price you want. Shipping is WAY CHEAPER than MSRP +$20K!!!

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my uncle's best friend refreshes his fleet of f450s every few years with the dealer and he told him he would give me a good deal.( plus it didn't hurt that 14 17' f450s were purchased at the same time) :)

So let me get this straight… Your step-brother's mother's uncle's best friend's dad's prom date from high school knows the owner of the dealership and he gave you that great of a deal. Are you sure he doesn't have a crush on your wife or girlfriend?

Just kidding ...... glad you got such a great deal. You can drive that thing free for a year and sell it for what you paid for it. It looks like you definitely reaped some of the benefit of your uncle's best friend's very large purchase. I would buy him a beer and do it again when he decides to do another fleet refresh.

Last edited:

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Faithfully used raptorfinder every morning for months. Used cars.com and autotrader each night. Put in minimum had-to-have options / config and then clicked for sale button to see any for sale. Made calls and asked for Internet sales if they had one. Be ready to buy. I missed 2 by hours and another started at under MSRP and when I said I will take it send me copy of buyers order....it climbed to over MSRP. When I bought mine I learned someone else actually beat me to it, but dealer would not ship cross-country. So takes effort and luck.