What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hal993

Reaction score
Drove around in the snow. - tried the "modes". Honestly, in this powdery stuff, 4wd is not needed. I've had some great snow vehicles... our Limited AWD 4runner being one of them... BMW X3 m40i... both mountain goats in the snow, but neither holds a candle to the Raptor.

stock K02s, ... and this truck felt like it was driving on a dry, velvet roadway. hahaha... so good.

2WD, in "normal mode" was fine - you just had to drive it. In 4A, it would tolerate a little more throttle; in "slippery" mode, you just couldn't put a foot wrong. "Deep Snow/Mud": the lockers were just too much - shuddering when cornering. - so 6" is not deep snow for Ford. ... fair.

IMG_7493.jpeg

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove around in the snow. - tried the "modes". Honestly, in this powdery stuff, 4wd is not needed. I've had some great snow vehicles... our Limited AWD 4runner being one of them... BMW X3 m40i... both mountain goats in the snow, but neither holds a candle to the Raptor.

stock K02s, ... and this truck felt like it was driving on a dry, velvet roadway. hahaha... so good.

2WD, in "normal mode" was fine - you just had to drive it. In 4A, it would tolerate a little more throttle; in "slippery" mode, you just couldn't put a foot wrong. "Deep Snow/Mud": the lockers were just too much - shuddering when cornering. - so 6" is not deep snow for Ford. ... fair.

View attachment 440403
Same experience while playing with my truck for the first time in snow today. Living in the Communist Frozen Tundra (Michigan), it's refreshing to be out of an SUV and back into a truck. I toyed around with the modes and also found the locker to be a bit overkill on snow. Normal mode and 4A is where it's at around town. Baja mode is fun in an empty parking lot. :cool: But it's too revvy on the street. "Weather" mode just neuters everything and is a little too much nanny-state for me.

It's 0deg (F) today and the road department is ill-equipped to do anything at that level of cold. They just try to leave a layer of snow on the road otherwise they might as well use a Zamboni. So the roads universally suck. But, absolutely no issues for the Raptor getting around.

Hoth.jpg

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thing made it from CHINAH faster than the kid from DoorDash can get me the takeout from the Chinese food place in town..... I know what I'm doing this weekend!
View attachment 440712

:party36:
If that's the Autotec Pro, I'm just waiting to clarify that you lose ZERO sync/ford pass function. I use the programed auto start/location services etc. Seems to be the one to buy though.

Also would be nice if their HD backup camera is GTG. Wife's "4k" Benz cameras are SWEET for old eyes.