What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also got myself a F107N to put on when my next oil change is up. Do I need an adapter as well?

Good question. I also just bought it the other day but have not done the swap yet. I figured for the extra $5, it would be better to get the adapter and not need it than to be under the truck with an empty oil pan and realize that I do.

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question. I also just bought it the other day but have not done the swap yet. I figured for the extra $5, it would be better to get the adapter and not need it than to be under the truck with an empty oil pan and realize that I do.

Gotcha, thanks!

Asinine

Reaction score
I added an Isolator, so it only draws from the alternator to charge, cuts in at 13.3v then cuts off at 12.8v iirc. Also the isolator prevents the discharge of the “start battery” (stock battery). I believe its called a VSR or voltage sensitive relay. (see manufacturers install diagram)
Anyway, This my first time installing this kit, so I will update my post if I encounter any issues.

View attachment 135167
Where did you install the second battery?

ShadowRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you install the second battery?
Its in the bed, with a battery case. I’m still in the process of getting it secured/ mounted to the bed near the right side 2nd (smaller) Builtright panel. I was able to route the 7awg wire from bed to under the truck using the passenger side frame rail and followed it to the stock battery location, behind the fuse box.(it was a pita, but I’m glad my friend was there to help lol)
I can’t finish it today, cause weather here sucks, :(raining.

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted my pocket altimeter made in Japan from Amazon. Sticky 3M Velcro back nowhere to mount additional gauges lol. I like knowing the altitude though can always move it. e9ab7333db9981c08ac7102d3fa68311.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hard labor install, new tire valve stem caps. someone took 2 of my tire valve caps so I bought new ones but they are too short.

20200103_155151.jpg

20200103_155114.jpg

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not today but in the future (tomorrow...Saturday) I'll be installing a Foutz Motorsports diff skid plate and putting new gear oil in (obviously). This skidplate is BEEFY!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Not today but in the future (tomorrow...Saturday) I'll be installing a Foutz Motorsports diff skid plate and putting new gear oil in (obviously). This skidplate is BEEFY!

a foutz dif skid is the only thing that kept me from splitting my rear differential like a coconut outside of bay of LA. Great choice!