What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that looks super bright, doing the math that should be close to 50,000 lumens combined?:head3:
It is truly an insane amount of light!

That photo was with just low beams and the 40”. BD claims 39k lumens for the 40” by itself! I’ll take another picture with same setup plus the sq racers, sq pros, and s2 pros to compare.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol I was thinking same thing, I’m coming up on 40k miles on my ‘20
& I can tell the brakes will need a refresh by 50k & im starting to get more of a hum from the front end although still riding smooth, could be bearings starting to go or the KO2s
My front left wheel bearing went titsup at 30k miles.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My front left wheel bearing went titsup at 30k miles.
What’s the best replacement? On rock auto I see motor craft front bearing $285 but the Moog equivalent only $163? I see WJB & SKF as options as well @ $109 & $219 respectively. These are all front 4WD/Raptor iptions

The WJB is cheap as hell

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s the best replacement? On rock auto I see motor craft front bearing $285 but the Moog equivalent only $163? I see WJB & SKF as options as well @ $109 & $219 respectively. These are all front 4WD/Raptor iptions

The WJB is cheap as hell
Dunno I did a bit of research, bought the moog and the motorcraft and after looking at both, installed the motorcraft. Also, I did not replace the wheel speed cable, i just unbolted it at the hub and bolted it into the new hub - no issues at all. I kinda felt like replacing the damn cable is more of a ****** than swapping the bearing, which is super easy. I obviously kept the new cable handy but I see no reason why that won't last 100+k miles.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is truly an insane amount of light!

That photo was with just low beams and the 40”. BD claims 39k lumens for the 40” by itself! I’ll take another picture with same setup plus the sq racers, sq pros, and s2 pros to compare.
Seriously! Your 40” puts off as much light as my whole setup!

With everything on, the factory headlights, high beam or low beam, are entirely insignificant haha.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dunno I did a bit of research, bought the moog and the motorcraft and after looking at both, installed the motorcraft. Also, I did not replace the wheel speed cable, i just unbolted it at the hub and bolted it into the new hub - no issues at all. I kinda felt like replacing the damn cable is more of a ****** than swapping the bearing, which is super easy. I obviously kept the new cable handy but I see no reason why that won't last 100+k miles.
Just a tip from a professional, always replace the ABS speed sensor with the one that comes with the wheel bearing.

I understand what and why you did what you did. And i have done the same countless times. But in the last few years things have changed.

All of a sudden 4ish years ago many non oem wheel bearing assemblies are not compatible with oem abs sensor and vice-versa.

Getting ABS light after replacing wheel bearing assembly but using original abs sensor. Only fix was to install abs sensor supplied with wheel bearing.

Not just a one off thing, being a hard head it took at least a dozen times across multiple manufacturers to learn my lesson.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Over weekend did Oil change w/ Amsoil signature series 5w30 & amsoil filter, ford performance spark plugs, motorcraft air filter, mounted my Nokian winter tire setup (usually do it by Xmas but late this year) - 2020 w/ 39,500 miles, first spark plug change (I think it’s running/idling a bit more smoothly)

Next couple oil change intervals come up w/ some expensive fluid changes, brakes will be coming up, & the KO2s got maybe 5k left on em, maybe….