What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flajax

Reaction score
It wasn’t today, but my ko2’s finally had enough. I was in a pinch and the only tires I could get a hold of were Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MTs. I’m pretty amazed at how quiet and compliant they are.

darrenburnett

Reaction score
Installed Husky Wheel liners. These are a very difficult to install correctly. For the life of me, I could not get the two fender holes to line up on either side. One molding sits higher at the shock then the other side. I coated these with Nylaic before installing and placed them in the sun for a couple of hours, not sure it helped. My set was missing one screw that attaches to be inside of the wheel well.

Besides the fact that one side sits higher than the other side, I’m pleased with the outcome and it looks the way it should have come from the factory. Highly recommend this mod.
Oddly enough mine were missing one screw as well. I agree, the installation isn’t as simple as you would think. Takes some time to do it correctly but certainly well worth the effort !!!

Attachments

• 9BD96412-ECB2-4E7F-9AD2-F4D2CDD47BCB.jpeg
    9BD96412-ECB2-4E7F-9AD2-F4D2CDD47BCB.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 42

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oddly enough mine were missing one screw as well. I agree, the installation isn’t as simple as you would think. Takes some time to do it correctly but certainly well worth the effort !!!
Todd looks good! These liners have to be man handled to get installed. Mine looks like the both of yours. Not sure why the right side sits lower over the top of the shock. Thought about trimming it to match the left, but never got around to it. I was missing a screw as well. I called them and they sent me a couple. Yeah said and done it finishes off the rear nicely.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Todd looks good! These liners have to be man handled to get installed. Mine looks like the both of yours. Not sure why the right side sits lower over the top of the shock. Thought about trimming it to match the left, but never got around to it. I was missing a screw as well. I called them and they sent me a couple. Yeah said and done it finishes off the rear nicely.
Strange how both our kits didn’t match. i sent an email to them asking for a replacement. I’ll keep you posted

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed Husky Wheel liners. These are a very difficult to install correctly. For the life of me, I could not get the two fender holes to line up on either side. One molding sits higher at the shock then the other side. I coated these with Nylaic before installing and placed them in the sun for a couple of hours, not sure it helped. My set was missing one screw that attaches to be inside of the wheel well.

Besides the fact that one side sits higher than the other side, I’m pleased with the outcome and it looks the way it should have come from the factory. Highly recommend this mod.

did you develop a DIY for the rest of us losers?

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With those wheel well liners they work great but if you have to remove your pax side rear shock your going to have to cut a recess back to access the top bolt.
1628170780844.jpeg
1628170796684.jpeg
Just FYI before you get out on a trail somewhere and need to remove or work on it.