What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh, when I switched from Amsoil to Schaeffer's I noticed an immediate difference in how much smoother and quieter the truck was with the schaeffer's.
Good info. I’m not too familiar with Schaefer’s. I know Project Farm realized some favorable results during his testing a couple of years ago.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good info. I’m not too familiar with Schaefer’s. I know Project Farm realized some favorable results during his testing a couple of years ago.
Yeah it came in 4th in that test. I think that Schaeffers has the best anti friction formulation in the business at the moment but that is just a guess.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the topic of Amsoil comes up it’s usually opening up a can of worms...

Historically, I’ve always used the boutique oil brands like Motul with an OEM filter. They always had great UOA’s and I never had any issues. Admittedly, I’ve also never had an issue with any of the top oil brands like Mobil1, Castrol and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum either and at some point you’re simply splitting hairs. This is particularly true for folks like myself that tend to over maintain their toys. No doubt Amsoil is a good oil with great UOA’s across the entire line including during extended intervals. I simply always avoided Amsoil because of all the die hard Amsoil fanboys preaching it’s merits and didn’t care for their buying process. But, one of my friends decided to become an Amsoil dealer so I helped him out. I suggest if you are really interested in Amsoil to do some research on BITOG and decide for yourself.
Very well put, and I appreciate the response. You’re right about the buying process of Amsoil (I just looked it up), and it’s significantly more expensive then Mobil1.
I tend to believe that as long as you’re changing your oil like you’re supposed to that any brand of synthetic should do on a daily driven (street vehicle like most of our trucks) vehicle. We’re not running a 24 hour Le Mans race.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2 cents on the oil. Been running full synthetic in everything I have owned for years. Have run only Amsoil Sig in the truck and know many that sing it’s praise.

But I have run most of the various oils over the years and probably Mobil 1 the most. Never lost an engine with it, never had any engine problems. Not knocking anyone in there observations. But I never heard, felt or got better fuel mileage between any of them. Just protection I have to imagine. My toys have been loud exhaust, rough idle solid roller cammed. So it’s kind of hard to tell if oil smoothed out any of those motors lol

Was a time I ran Valvoline race oil non synthetic. But changed it very often and no problems. No problems.

Oil always a great conversation piece.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recognize those wheels anywhere... what year M?
Gotta love the ZCP wheels. Such a timeless design!
Is that a 1M in the background?
@StraightSixM2C beautiful M2 comp in your signature! The only new M car that interests me. Hockenheim, right?

Nice to see some ///M fans here! It's a 2013 E92 M3. Atleast one of them has a V8... and one of them has an oil dipstick! :Big Laugh:
IMG_0832.JPG