Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Jepper, Jan 5, 2018.

1. JohnyPython

JohnyPython FRF Addict

I have a Simoniz electric PW and got the same branded foam cannon. I think Simoniz is only available in Canada from Canadian Tire.

Anyway there’s a few good foam cannons out there. As mentioned, a PW will give you best results compared to just the garden hose.

2. jzweedyk

jzweedyk FRF Addict

We will be here for another 8 weeks.

3. boomtruck

boomtruck Full Access Member

4. boomtruck

boomtruck Full Access Member

For sure it's a trade off. For those of us with more focus in off road with these off road trucks, sway bar off wins. I here you on the high siding, reason I don't have a 4 seat Can Am or Polaris, would get hung going on the trailer they are so long. But these would be evil if single cab 5.5 box trucks with the current rear suspension set up (leafs are for trailers and trees) and the width the same, imagine your rzr turbo with those big boots riding high at 54" wide? Sway bars reduce law suits on off road oriented vehicles. Especially Utvs. Just my opinion on this and my sway bar sits in the garage with brand new links for the next owner to put back on to roll the streets. It' like having a super hot girl friend but only wanting to hold her hand.....

jzweedyk likes this.
  5. 970rap

970rap Member

I live in the area but have never been on that road. I was thinking of taking the kids up there for some fun/site seeing and a picnic lunch. Do you foresee any issues tackling this on my own (stock 18 SCREW)?

6. Aviator150

Aviator150 Full Access Member

Dropped in a Husky bed mat so I don't tear up the liner hauling stuff. Almost as good as OEM and over $100 cheaper.

7. JAndreF321

JAndreF321 Full Access Member

Installed decked setup a couple weeks ago and then KHC bed supports yesterday. Decked took forever to install but is nice. KHC fits well with it and no issues. Idk how people say that peeling off the OEM bed liner is easy...took me a lot of work with box cutter and flat head to peel off for the decked brackets and the KHC bed bolts.

DF3F2A57-6AC4-4048-8B28-EA9AE78E5EA8.jpeg

64A0E5B9-BB3E-421E-89AD-8289104271E2.jpeg

Venerous and badm0t0rfinger like this.
  8. Russ103

Russ103 Full Access Member

I highly recommend a electric power washer for a Chemical Guys foam cannon. Gas ones are overkill and noisy, for under $200 get an electric one and washing is 10 times easier/better.

9. jamanrr

jamanrr Full Access Member

I got a yanaha that is 5 years old starts on one pull still. A gas one with a cat pump is rebuildable and will last a long long time

10. isis

isis FRF Addict

Soldering isn’t really appropriate for vehicles due to vibration. Every wire on a production vehicle is crimped for a reason.