Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Jepper, Jan 5, 2018.

1. EastEndAngler

EastEndAngler Full Access Member

Sure.....as I said in my original post - I could have gone with higher end supplies to fabricate the harness. I didn't particularly feel like ordering all the specialized materials, crimp tools etc. Especially since a don't plan on making one of these again anytime soon.

I much prefer a solder/heat shrink butt splice type connector over some of the materials I've seen used to hook up the aux switches and do upfitting work on vehicles. I've made these before, my last truck had something similar with zero issues over 7yrs/80,000.

2. Oldfart

Oldfart FRF Addict

As long as I'm the next guy, I think that is an awesome practice!!!:waytogo:

Russ103 likes this.
  3. jamanrr

jamanrr Full Access Member

I have made tons of harnesses doing the solder crimp and file method, the heat sink connectors that become hot glue gel in the centers will last forever. Repinning harnesses are not fun IMO

4. Terp

Terp Full Access Member

I am stock and did just fine. When you go in to the main split the first section to the left is listed as difficult and I scraped the frame and running boards on the way up a bit. Coming down where that picture was taken would definitely be a bit rough without a spotter. The left side is pretty short before you get to a rock outcrop where you won't want to go any further(pretty sure the trail guides list this area as where the storm drain gulch starts or something like that.)

If you go up to the right at the main split you won't run into anything difficult at all, and there is quite a bit more to explore that direction.

If you've done Pole Hill this one should seem fairly easy other than the drop-down where that picture is from.

970rap likes this.
  5. Russ103

Russ103 Full Access Member

I don’t doubt that. My gas PW is good for the house. But the electric one is quiet and plenty powerful for the cars.

6. 970rap

970rap Member

What about in the rain, haha -weather looking crappy.

7. Terp

Terp Full Access Member

Yeah probably not a good idea this weekend, lol.

8. Johnfaeglasgow

Johnfaeglasgow Full Access Member

Took the kids on some tilt testing to get them out of the house... They were laughing their asses off How much can these usually take? Do new leafs and springs screw with the limits dues to higher CG?[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Todd Turbo S likes this.
  9. HulkSmash23

HulkSmash23 Member

Finally got some cosmetic work done. Painted the skid plate with black bed liner and repainted the exhaust tips with high temp paint.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer and raptorpaul like this.
  10. raptorpaul

raptorpaul Full Access Member

Installed SVC Offroad upper control arms. They welded on slot delete plates and had it aligned. IMG_1072.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bad V2, element217, Dustan and 5 others like this.