What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LennyMoe

Reaction score
Nice! Can’t beat gunners. It’s hard to pull the trigger and get them but they are definitely worth the money. And I only hunt dogs with short tails so nice choice on that as well!
Hey @DMays and @Raptorial , a little off topic for the thread, but I have a GSP (1.5 years old), and I just got him an intermediate Gunner. I wish I would have bought it sooner, but the price scared me off for a while. Anyway, now that I have pulled the trigger, he won't go in it. I wish I would have bought it when I originally started looking at them when he was 6 months old, but here we are. He's crate trained, but I think the enclosed nature of the kennel is throwing him off a bit.

You have any ideas to get him to warm up to it?

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey @DMays and @Raptorial , a little off topic for the thread, but I have a GSP (1.5 years old), and I just got him an intermediate Gunner. I wish I would have bought it sooner, but the price scared me off for a while. Anyway, now that I have pulled the trigger, he won't go in it. I wish I would have bought it when I originally started looking at them when he was 6 months old, but here we are. He's crate trained, but I think the enclosed nature of the kennel is throwing him off a bit.

Try to make it a place he wants to be. Put it in the house where you hang out at night with the door open. Put some kind of treat in there to make it enticing. If you put it there with the door open with treats in it he should go in there to get the treat without you forcing him to get in the kennel. Don’t tell him to get in or try to coax him in, just let him check it out on his own time. If you consistently do this each day he will eventually relate the kennel with good things and should get over the fear of it. I typically am against training with treats. But in my experience if fear is the issue a treat is a good place to start. Hope that helps. GSP’s are super smart but hard headed and training them takes patience and some smarts but once they learn something they never tend to forget it.

Last edited:

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after a panic attack caused by my own stupidity (documented elsewhere on the forum), I was able to install the Foutz rear shock covers/guards and SwarfWorks rear shock rock guards. With the right tools (e.g. a jack with a proper lift height) and a second set of hands to tweak the jack to get the mount holes to line up, it was a fairly simple installation. Both items are high quality and should keep the shocks and mounts protected from sand and the occasional rock hits. Highly recommended even when going through the Starbucks drive thru. :D

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score

My GSP is the same age. He has had it since he was 8 weeks old. He would never go in it by himself but he is usually really good once he is in it. My lab spends the majority of his day in his Gunner. He absolutely loves it.