What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramathorn178

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, the ICON RXT leafs show 145ft-lb. States to torque to 40ft-lb first then final toque when on the ground. I like actual torque values than the stock showing torque-to-yield as that is so subjective.

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/I95220_REVA.pdf

Hmmm just took a peek at the icon pdf that you posted and does it come with new front and rear bolts for the spring pack and the shackle? just curious because those specs are pretty far off from the factory ones.

D

Deleted member 12951

Not subjective at all. Just involves a bit of math and the right formulas. Where the issue comes in is knowing what the material is. One you know what the material spec is, you can look up the yield strength....

But yes, I agree. They should simply provide a torque value. By stating "torque to yield" leaves the determination up to the mechanic, who without the proper inputs and knowledge won't be able to torque the U-bolt properly.

Joe, we are not all engineers....
So since you know the answer apparently for stock, what is the torque of the stock u-bolts, knowing the material it is? And yes, if you ever remove them, you are to replace them not re-use because they will already be slightly "stretched".

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not subjective at all. Just involves a bit of math and the right formulas. Where the issue comes in is knowing what the material is. One you know what the material spec is, you can look up the yield strength....

But yes, I agree. They should simply provide a torque value. By stating "torque to yield" leaves the determination up to the mechanic, who without the proper inputs and knowledge won't be able to torque the U-bolt properly.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com
I can't believe that I actually understood what you were saying here! Wow, so I really did learn shit in college lmao