What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatGuy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brakes did you go with?

EBC USR SLOTTED ROTORS and EBC "EXTRA DUTY" BRAKE PADS. they are night and day compared to the DURACRAP brake pads that the dealer put on.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Loaded up my office to bring to a new shop, tired of the B.S. at my previous employer

20160403_154410_zps5q81ngtz.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

Couldn't stand the vibration on the Outlaw mount with the Lowrance. Was doing it even on paved roads, can't imagine what it would be like when off-road. So made a bracket with soft velcro. Thing is solid now. Will test in Baja.

df959636b9fe48d6f26c444a3fa8932f.jpg

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't stand the vibration on the Outlaw mount with the Lowrance. Was doing it even on paved roads, can't imagine what it would be like when off-road. So made a bracket with soft velcro. Thing is solid now. Will test in Baja.

df959636b9fe48d6f26c444a3fa8932f.jpg
exact same issue here and yes... that mount with my HDS 7 Touch flys all over the damn place.... its ridiculous! Think you can go romp it down a rough section this week? Curious how it hold helps. I might have to build one up before the Exo Baja run.

D

Deleted member 12951

exact same issue here and yes... that mount with my HDS 7 Touch flys all over the damn place.... its ridiculous! Think you can go romp it down a rough section this week? Curious how it hold helps. I might have to build one up before the Exo Baja run.

Yeah, I plan on doing just that as I need to test things out before I head to Baja myself. Will let you know. Its not the bracket moving, the tray is plastic and so is the dash and there is too much give and that is why it vibrates. The bracket pushes up on it and so far feels very solid now plus I made the hole slotted so I can adjust. There was a section of road that made it vibrate like mad. After I made this, I quickly drove over to that road to test, it didn't vibrate at all.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Joe, we are not all engineers....
So since you know the answer apparently for stock, what is the torque of the stock u-bolts, knowing the material it is? And yes, if you ever remove them, you are to replace them not re-use because they will already be slightly "stretched".

Well, I don't know what material Ford used. Based on what I remember from previous posts, the stock were torqued to 90 ft-lbs.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Outlaw GPS mount.....moves and vibrates around more than Michael J Fox at a Rave. The RPG mount and the mod you have done are very similar. Adds another point of contact and support. Nice work.
Oh snap! Always thought the RPG one was just for the older trucks without nav. Well fawk....