What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh snap! Always thought the RPG one was just for the older trucks without nav. Well fawk....

Nope...RPG best mount out there IMHO. I owned the Outlaw mount first, but it rattle and vibrated too much with just the Lowrance 5M on there. That's a bit of weight hanging out there without additional support. RPG make the mount for 2010-2012 and then the '13 and '14 models as well.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Couldn't stand the vibration on the Outlaw mount with the Lowrance. Was doing it even on paved roads, can't imagine what it would be like when off-road. So made a bracket with soft velcro. Thing is solid now. Will test in Baja.

df959636b9fe48d6f26c444a3fa8932f.jpg

My LGE*CTS Motorsports mount has some minor vibration over really rough terrain but not enough to be annoying and that was a concern for me.

I do like the mount you made though... that's not a bad idea at all.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Couldn't stand the vibration on the Outlaw mount with the Lowrance. Was doing it even on paved roads, can't imagine what it would be like when off-road. So made a bracket with soft velcro. Thing is solid now. Will test in Baja.

Is the Velcro stuck to the dash, or did you just use the soft side as a cushion?

If it still vibrates, you might try using some 3M Command Strips to attach the stabilizer bracket to the dash, instead of the Velcro. You can get the Command Strips in black.

-Dan

D

Deleted member 12951

Is the Velcro stuck to the dash, or did you just use the soft side as a cushion?

If it still vibrates, you might try using some 3M Command Strips to attach the stabilizer bracket to the dash, instead of the Velcro. You can get the Command Strips in black.

-Dan

Bracket is metal so did not want to scratch up the console. The soft part of Velcro is being used (the only reason is not to scratch and rubber was another idea but I already had a roll of Velcro with me) and pushes up on the Outlaw bracket to stabilize it. The problem is NOT the bracket. The tray and dash is plastic and there is some play in the tray to the top of the dash anyways. With the weight of the lowrance hanging out, it exaggerates that play and it vibrates. Have the bracket brace there and pushing up, it takes out the play and makes it extremely stable, it does not budge or vibrate one bit. The ultimate test will be how it performs off-road but based on what I am seeing now, I am pretty sure the issue will be resolved and happy what I came up with.

j2k

Reaction score
Cleaned out the dirt and grime from the air box and swapped out the old Roush air filter for a new one. Will clean up the old one and hang on to it for a spare. Also topped off the coolant and wiped down the engine bay.

Attachments

• IMG_2266.jpg
    IMG_2266.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2265.jpg
    IMG_2265.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 138

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member