What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Haven’t driven mine in a couple of weeks, so I thought today would be a good day to stretch its legs out. Turned the key and got nothing. Looks like the 2 yr old Optima red top is about to get replaced with an Odyssey.
One day randomly about 2 years ago, I went out to my Raptor to run some errands. Remote would not unlock doors, no chirp, had to use key to get in. Opened door, no lights, nothing on dash display. Put key in, turned it.....NOTHING. No clicks, nothing. Dead as a rock.

Jumped it with one of those emergency jump packs. Honestly, I didn't think it was big enough. Hooked it to battery, got in truck, turned the key, started right up! I was shocked. Drove it around on errands that day. Started fine all the rest of the day.

That was 2 years ago. It never did that again. I didn't get a new battery. Just a weird fluke. I wouldn't run out and buy a new battery, especially if you already had an Optima AND it was only 2 years old. At least give it a couple of days or a week and see what happens.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^What he says. If the battery is indeed dying and only a couple years old depending on where you bought it maybe it's still under warranty. I've had problems with a previous red top too, it was about as old and was warrantied.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
For the guys that have the Schrader valves on your shocks. Do you have to take the shock off to test/fill?

I plan on swapping them out while they are off obviously, but for maintenance purposes.