What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced my shifter today...
Nothing was wrong with the mechanism, but that center plastic strip disintegrated because of alcohol spray I used.
Replacement wasn't that difficult as I followed part of Noah's Center Console removal on YouTube:
View attachment 378532
i actually had to repost the videos on youtube earlier this year. glad it helped

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my shifter today...
Nothing was wrong with the mechanism, but that center plastic strip disintegrated because of alcohol spray I used.
Replacement wasn't that difficult as I followed part of Noah's Center Console removal on YouTube:
View attachment 378532
I had to do the same thing for my wife's 2014 Mustang. The stupid plastic strip disintigrated. I looked for over a year for just the plastic strip with no luck. I had to buy the whole shifter assembly out of a wrecked car. It was in decent shape but not as good as the one already in the car. I had to take apart both assemblies. That was not fun.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to do the same thing for my wife's 2014 Mustang. The stupid plastic strip disintigrated. I looked for over a year for just the plastic strip with no luck. I had to buy the whole shifter assembly out of a wrecked car. It was in decent shape but not as good as the one already in the car. I had to take apart both assemblies. That was not fun.
I paid too much to replace the entire unit when I only needed the plastic strip.
But you have me thinking, I will take mine apart and try to replicate the piece using my 3D printer. Maybe others have the same problem.