What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That Pass side location seems ideal to secure things like a small packet of nitrile gloves, rags, and a flashlight: 3 things you might need to get to when you open the hood.
That is where I store the excess wire to my lights.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure thing. I went through Crutchfield, so they included the wiring harnesses, mounting brackets, and hardware. The website’s truck configuration tool was kinda wacky, though. I don’t have the Sony system or nav, but I still have an OEM six-speaker system (rear door speakers, front door speakers, pillar tweeters). No center dash speaker, no sub. Not sure if this was an a la carte configuration in 2012. Anyway, the website said components weren’t compatible with my truck because it defaulted to me not having tweeters. Just ignore it if you have the same situation. You may want to order an additional pair of wiring harnesses for the tweeters tho, just in case.

Front component:
Infinity Reference REF-5030cx
Rear coaxial/2-way:
Infinity Reference REF-8632CFX

If you don’t need any install notes, stop reading :).

@MotoX11B had a really thorough thread about replacing the speakers on a 2012 (which is what I have), and that’s super helpful. I hadn’t seen this until after the install. https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...eeter-upgrade-kit-install.50573/#post-1055073
Otherwise, YouTube is your friend. @The Car Stereo Company is also your friend. If you prefer reading, I attached the Crutchfield PDF.

The rear doors were pure plug-n-play with the included wiring harnesses. I just used a YouTube video of how to remove the rear door panel. The front door speakers were also plug-n-play with the included wiring harnesses. Again, just found a YouTube video of how to remove the door panel.

The tricky part was the tweeters in the pillars. You can just pull the plastic off the pillar at one of the top corners. The Infinity components came with their own crossover, which is strongly recommended for use. The OEM tweeters have a “built-in” crossover (bass-blocking capacitor) which isn’t configured for nicer tweeters. I needed to use the OEM wiring harness, though, because Crutchfield didn’t think I needed them for the tweeters, so I had to cut the OEM wiring just behind the capacitor to get rid of it and the tweeter. I had to splice the new tweeters with some additional speaker wire, since the leads were only 6”. Then, I fed that wire down the pillar into the Infinity crossover. The OEM wiring harness fed into the “in”, and then that clicked right into the rest of the OEM wiring.
View attachment 362405
(Green and green/purple = OEM wiring harness; black = spliced speaker wire running up the pillar to the tweeter)

There are numerous ways to get the tweeter seated in the hole. Some people use a dremel or belt sander to grind out a bigger opening for additional mounting equipment. I wanted to just keep it as-is, so I repurposed the OEM wire mesh and used it as backing to keep the Infinity tweeter in place. I just needed to screw it in place against the back of the Infinity tweeter (there are holes already there).
View attachment 362406View attachment 362407

If you’re still reading, I hope this helps!
Thank You! I really appreciate it. I also have a '12 model. I have the Sony system in mine. Would love to know if there is a drop in replacement subwoofer for under the seat? Also, for the center speaker? Maybe someone else can chime in with their experience.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank You! I really appreciate it. I also have a '12 model. I have the Sony system in mine. Would love to know if there is a drop in replacement subwoofer for under the seat? Also, for the center speaker? Maybe someone else can chime in with their experience.
ditch the center speaker. as far drop in subwoofer, some will fit but will still sound like crap. the oem sub had a threaded hole in the bottom of it. when the sony sub goes in a bolt goes through the box into the sub. its there to solidify the box because its too flimsy. put a sub that moves more air, and the box will flex and also not be sealed. best to get a new sub setup. i still have the mold for the underseat, as i still build them on occasion, but its an expensive setup. new box, sub and amp. cant use the oem amp with aftermarket sub. not enough power.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Noah. Are the 5-1/4 front speakers in the Infinity component kit good enough or do I go for 6x8? Any other speakers/brands you recommend? I'm looking to replace the factory speakers with new ones for a much better sound without getting into custom components.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Noah. Are the 5-1/4 front speakers in the Infinity component kit good enough or do I go for 6x8? Any other speakers/brands you recommend? I'm looking to replace the factory speakers with new ones for a much better sound without getting into custom components.
go with the 5x7/6x8. either one will work. if you can get into a 6.5 speaker, they have better quality speakers available IF you plan on adding an amp in the future