What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got this installed , but man what an ordeal…. Was just supposed to be a simple fluid drain and cover swap… obviously this unit is considerably thicker than the stamped steel oem cover, BUT the directions called for using the stock hardware. Well more than half of them I couldn’t torque to spec because there were not enough threads with stock bolts. So I grabbed some that came with the cover, well got all of those torqued but 1, and that one the head broke off…. Luckily I was able to drill it out and use a left handed but to extract it. SO I went and got grade 8 bolts that were longer…. I’m curious though on your guys thoughts on swapping out the mixture of stock bolts and the ones that came with the cover one at a time for the grade 8 bolts I got since I’ve obviously already attached the cover with the gasket.
AEF6A4F3-DF11-4345-BBC4-FDA8AAAF8BBB.jpeg

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got this installed , but man what an ordeal…. Was just supposed to be a simple fluid drain and cover swap… obviously this unit is considerably thicker than the stamped steel oem cover, BUT the directions called for using the stock hardware. Well more than half of them I couldn’t torque to spec because there were not enough threads with stock bolts. So I grabbed some that came with the cover, well got all of those torqued but 1, and that one the head broke off…. Luckily I was able to drill it out and use a left handed but to extract it. SO I went and got grade 8 bolts that were longer…. I’m curious though on your guys thoughts on swapping out the mixture of stock bolts and the ones that came with the cover one at a time for the grade 8 bolts I got since I’ve obviously already attached the cover with the gasket.
View attachment 354054
Nice! I've been wanting to do this for awhile. Sucks about the bolts though.

What's crazy is the "generic" Spicer cover is/was about $100 or so cheaper than the exact same Ford Performance one. The problem is they are out of stock everywhere. I guess I'm just going to have to splurge and pay the extra money for the ford badge if I ever want to get this for my truck. :crazy:

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
So i noticed a difference in volume on my radios and checked each speaker. Well LR speaker had no sound then i got to thinking “check the wire before buying a new one”you will never guess what I found when opening up the LR wire cover… yup another hack job and speaker wire disconnected lol

The black cover that connects to the truck fell off also.

Attachments

• 8CC35459-6B7F-462D-BB3F-BA1151BE4732.jpeg
    8CC35459-6B7F-462D-BB3F-BA1151BE4732.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 28

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i noticed a difference in volume on my radios and checked each speaker. Well LR speaker had no sound then i got to thinking “check the wire before buying a new one”you will never guess what I found when opening up the LR wire cover… yup another hack job and speaker wire disconnected lol

your truck is a pos. you need to ship it to me along with several thousand dollars. i will fix it up and promise (eh.... maybe) not to use it in wyoming before you get it back

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
your truck is a pos. you need to ship it to me along with several thousand dollars. i will fix it up and promise (eh.... maybe) not to use it in wyoming before you get it back
Shht by the time im done fixing all these little things itll be gtg and then i can actually do some better speakers….eventually lol

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Is this @The Car Stereo Company old Raptor that he used to own, lol.