What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dropped the old girl off at the dealer to figure out this f@#king noise thats been driving me nuts for months.

It's only noticeable at low speed and light throttle input. I've looked up heat shield rattle, checked all over and can't find it.

you sure its not a vacuum line? cant tell by the video. but usually tin can rattle under acceleration is a vacuum line. it does it in 4wd too?

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you sure its not a vacuum line? cant tell by the video. but usually tin can rattle under acceleration is a vacuum line. it does it in 4wd too?

Tbh I can't remember, I've been working so much since May that I haven't dug into it more to find the problem. Monday was the first time I drove the truck since early August and when I heard that sound I got mad and just dropped it off at the dealer lol.

It may be the vaccum lines since I had the IWEs done in April and the shop said it might be time to replace them.

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped the old girl off at the dealer to figure out this f@#king noise thats been driving me nuts for months.

It's only noticeable at low speed and light throttle input. I've looked up heat shield rattle, checked all over and can't find it.

Have the same noise, drove me crazy! After checking/removing heat shields, skid plates, got the GoPro out and made a couple of videos under the truck ....... turns out the LCA bushings were shot, replaced them and no more rattling/ clunking noises!

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Trim piece on the pull out step broke off while working the Baja 400. Dealer wanted over $150 so instead I just glued the old one back on...

2. Ordered the Volant exhaust for my truck. Been wanting to do that for awhile... will report once installed.

3. Put Baja Designs covers on all my offroad lights.

Bed Repair.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Continuing with my engine compartment detailing, going too far maybe, taking the battery out and wanted to remove the battery tray but it’s moulded with the windshield washer reservoir, have everything disconnected, even had to pull the headlight out, which was the easy part , I haven’t drained it yet, but it appears difficult to get out, anybody know if you have to remove the outer fender first? Lol. Because that’s where I draw the line!C6D16830-C736-4135-BBAD-97A6B9288F4C.jpegD39C1593-368D-4E4A-855E-5EA897833794.jpeg