What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
The new U joints and new flange bolts came in late and pouring rain, so tomorrow I can bolt and button up the driveshaft! But I couldn't completely wait, so on my original flange yoke that I clearly cleaned up, painted, lightly smoothed and greased where the cups make contact. I slipped and tapped right in the new u joint. (careful not to be too graphic in case children were around). TBC

tempImageH0DONy.png

Last edited:

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Passenger side PCV catch cans will usually collect a decent amount of oil in between oil changes IMHO; I had about the same amount in mine just prior to my last oil change (guess it depends on the mileage as well, YMMV).

Post up a pic of your setup, maybe a hose is kinked (?) or the design of the particular brand/model is coming into play...(?).

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can only go about 1500 miles before I have to empty the Moroso oil catch can on my Raptor so that means 3 times between oil changes. That is why I run the acrylic cup so I can see when it needs to be emptied.

laselvasurf

Reaction score
Washed both beasts(X5M, Raptor), detailed the insides, then plastidiped the wheels and wheel arches on the raptor.

Here's a before on the wheels:
IMG-0669.jpg

During the process:
IMG-0671.jpg

And a couple finished shots:
IMG-0673.jpg
IMG-0678.jpg

Today I'm going try to replace the front wheel hubs, IWE actuators and calipers. I have one caliper that's sticking and the IWEs made some funky noises while off-roading in the snow last weekend.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed both beasts(X5M, Raptor), detailed the insides, then plastidiped the wheels and wheel arches on the raptor.

Here's a before on the wheels:
IMG-0669.jpg

During the process:
IMG-0671.jpg

And a couple finished shots:
IMG-0673.jpg
IMG-0678.jpg

Today I'm going try to replace the front wheel hubs, IWE actuators and calipers. I have one caliper that's sticking and the IWEs made some funky noises while off-roading in the snow last weekend.
Is what you are saying is that you painted them?