What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyway the continuing saga while I wait for the “correct “ u joints.
Once I took off the yoke/flange and nut the gear oil was very obvious that the seal was leaking. The bearings and the pinion shaft were tight and I had no prior driveshaft wobble or no loose original u joints. So, my original diagnosis that the seal just wore out still stands. The full replacement will also include new bolts for the flange, while not needed, it is anView attachment 161376View attachment 161377View attachment 161378 area that is subject to shear forces and I am already replacing this area of wear parts anyway.
Your truck looks pretty clean under there as well.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
Your truck looks pretty clean under there as well.

Haha...I cleaned the rear end and axle prior to getting started. But, yes I do clean it up several times a year underneath and touch it up with Rustoleum Satin Black also. And its mostly a Florida truck during the winter (no road salt or snow yet) and spring, summer and fall a Maine truck. So most of the mileage are highway miles. I have also driven it out west a few of times and did get to drive a little for what it was born for, desert runs.