What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Must of been loose? Haven't heard of others complaining of this. Weird.

I have only heard of issues when someone tried to run geisers on mid perch, I’m on bottom for what it is worth. Basically after looking at the damage for an extended amount of time, the spring was either a bit long or too stiff for the top hat/spring hat. The control arm was making contact with the spring and frame at the end as the hat failed. Basically it looks like it pulled the inner plate and bushing loose from the studs on full droop. I have not been gentle on the truck since I installed them but also you can only leave the ground so hard. Either way I enjoyed how the truck rode with them and will be interested to compare to stock with mid perch. Also come spring I am going “phase 1” of my upgrades so I only have to run stock shocks until then.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have only heard of issues when someone tried to run geisers on mid perch, I’m on bottom for what it is worth. Basically after looking at the damage for an extended amount of time, the spring was either a bit long or too stiff for the top hat/spring hat. The control arm was making contact with the spring and frame at the end as the hat failed. Basically it looks like it pulled the inner plate and bushing loose from the studs on full droop. I have not been gentle on the truck since I installed them but also you can only leave the ground so hard. Either way I enjoyed how the truck rode with them and will be interested to compare to stock with mid perch. Also come spring I am going “phase 1” of my upgrades so I only have to run stock shocks until then.
Well, that's not good if the control arm is hitting the springs either. Waiting on spring then :)

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped out my General Grabber X3's 35 x 12.50 and went with the 315 x 70 K02's C rated. Huge difference in the ride.