What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aj.cruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New tires (37 BFG KM3s). Rebuilt shocks on order with Forged Offroad. Ordered the flutter stack and stage 1 offroad valving. I've been getting lots of feedback in the steering wheel and it just doesn't feel like the old Raptor I once had.
But I'm also a noob and let it go 118K miles with no rebuild :badidea:

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 444 posts, one would think they ought to know where to post Gen2 stuff to get the most feedback/likes, etc.
Oh, sorry didnt see that small Gen 1 print.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New tires (37 BFG KM3s). Rebuilt shocks on order with Forged Offroad. Ordered the flutter stack and stage 1 offroad valving. I've been getting lots of feedback in the steering wheel and it just doesn't feel like the old Raptor I once had.
But I'm also a noob and let it go 118K miles with no rebuild :badidea:

I have the same setup also with the spherical ends to replace the bushings and Schroeder valves. Made a big difference. She handles awesome on washboard.

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What psi are you running? I just got the same tires in the same size. It looks like at only 32 psi they're too inflated. Center of tread is getting all the wear. Love these tires tho

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

aj.cruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What psi are you running? I just got the same tires in the same size. It looks like at only 32 psi they're too inflated. Center of tread is getting all the wear. Love these tires tho

I run them at 39. I haven't noticed anything, but I haven't really paid attention. I'll inspect them closer today.

Also, I just got back from a road trip to Missouri. I bought six email tunes from 5Star for the trip, wanted to run the economy tune on my way there.
For the first 100 miles or so I got 15mpg. Then I got tired of babying it (bo riiiiiing). By the end of the trip there I was sitting at about 13. A little better than the 11 I normally get.
I'm on stock gearing.

Gotta say though, I like the JDM tune more than the 5Star Performance tune.
On my JDM tune every now and then (I'm not sure the exact conditions that triggers it) it'll be holding 2nd through some curves say, then the moment I get on the throttle it will upshift instead of powering out of the curve.
On the 5Star performance tune it does it nearly every time, and the real annoying part is it will upshift as soon as I begin to give it throttle input, then a short moment later it'll downshift back into 2nd.
Also, I dunno if it was a fluke, but sitting at a light on the 5Star perf tune it started shuddering for a half second like it was starving for fuel, then suddenly revved and lurched forward a bit. Guy next to me probably though I wanted to race.
Hasn't happened since then, just the one time.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow ok. I am also going to get a tune because now I'm at 11 ish mpg and was 14 previously. I'm also lugging around 350 extra pounds of an RPG stage 3 kit which dropped my mpg by about 1 mpg. Yeah take a look at your tread when you get a chance and try to see if the middle tread blocks are shorter than those on the outside. I was just very confused when I checked the psi immediately after buying the tires. My ko2s were always at 44 so to be 12 psi less than that seemed weird. But I need to go even lower I think to evenly wear the tread.

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I'm talking about with the tread wear. The outside isnt even hitting pavement indicating that they're over inflated. But they're only at 32. 05629d6ece9d7694d7e836d93c0db2c4.jpg

aj.cruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I'm talking about with the tread wear. The outside isnt even hitting pavement indicating that they're over inflated. But they're only at 32. 05629d6ece9d7694d7e836d93c0db2c4.jpg

Weird, no I don't have that on mine, just checked, they're at 17 32nds all across the tread. AND I just noticed even though I told Discount to put them at 39 they put them at 45.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

TK421

Reaction score
Just finished mounting 4 new falken wildpeak a/t’s, 2 matching method rims and installed my alpha 1 tire rack in the bed and saved 2 of my old tires for spares. Looks sweet. Just ordered a fuse #27 relocation kit for my gen 1 a couple mins ago too