What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having done about a thousand wire repairs in my day, I'm inclined to believe that the damage both of you showed is from chaffing that damaged the shielding that ultimately had your wires popping out. Get some new shielding up in there and you should be good to go.

There was a user on here who shared me his fix to protect those wires that go down to frame level, I just never got around to rerouting them and adding protection.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another little indication I noticed is the harness dips low at that spot and both ends are secured to the frame so thats a factory low point, which is another point torwards debris stripping it back. So weird. I've added double protection at that point so see if it splits apart again.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another little indication I noticed is the harness dips low at that spot and both ends are secured to the frame so thats a factory low point, which is another point torwards debris stripping it back. So weird. I've added double protection at that point so see if it splits apart again.
After you bringing this up I'm inclined to pull the wire harness up and weld in a small shield there.

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I zip-tied mine up so that it goes around the cab mount where it meets the body.

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• DSCF0017.JPG
    DSCF0017.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 37

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about it more, there's just no way with the type of driving I do that could cause that small section to strip open. Maybe with heavy sand dunes or gravel use but I see none of that.