Wiring harness re-route

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I have been wanting to relocate the wiring harness that runs along the bottom of the frame rail up and out of the way for quite some time. I finally had some free time this past weekend to get it done.

Some pics of the stock location:
01.jpg

I used gotSVT's video as a guide:
Instead of pics I just shot a quick video. Keep in mind that my truck has seen probably 3000 miles of high speed desert running.

F-150 Raptor - Move that low hanging harness! - YouTube

I kept all of the tree connectors except for one, so if I decide to go back to stock (not sure why I would want to), I could.

The first thing I did was pop all of the trees out and pull the parking brake cable out of its bracket. I started at the back, working the slack forward. Below, you can see where I shoved the harness in between the cab and the body mount (one of the trees lined up with the body mount and was removed). I zip tied to this bracket on the rear body mount.
05.jpg

The parking brake bracket is shown below and I also zip tied to the middle body mount.
06.jpg

I zip tied to the back side of the brake line brackets
04.jpg

And I zip tied through these two holes on the bottom of the cab.
03.jpg

Then I pushed all of the slack up into the engine bay and zip tied to another wiring harness.
07.jpg

I finished up by reinstalling the parking brake cable, tightening all of the zip ties and cutting the ends.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the sake of clarity, what is the major benefit of this rerouting?

I think I see why one would do this but I'd like to hear your reasoning and thoughts of the benefits.

Thanks,

~BGM

Squid 3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does Ford use ALLOT of electrical tape on their trucks? It seems everywhere I look there's more and more.

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
For the sake of clarity, what is the major benefit of this rerouting?

I think I see why one would do this but I'd like to hear your reasoning and thoughts of the benefits.

In its stock location, this wiring harness hangs below the frame. It is susceptible to gravel / rocks being thrown up and if you came down off of a rock onto the frame, being crushed or severed. Relocating it gets it up out of harms way.

Is it just me or does Ford use ALLOT of electrical tape on their trucks? It seems everywhere I look there's more and more.
Ford does seem to use a lot of electrical tape. All of the trees are held on with wraps of tape.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice Kaiser. I missed this when you originally posted it. This is on the must do list for sure. :rockit:

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm doing this tonight. I noticed my harness/loom is hanging below my forward frame rail (wtf really?) and there are also some wires starting to hang out where they used crappy tape to hold them all together. Thanks for posting pics.