What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of good content/mods, and maintenance going on. Loving it!

BTW, anyone know what type of grease is used for the steering rack shaft under the rubber boot? Existing/oem grease looks to be gold in color and pretty sticky. I’m putting in some RPG tie rods and the rack got dirty after removing the OEM boot and had to degrease it and clean.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so...... when you walking into those places again? im sure they have 4.5s now. cause, well you know, i know someone who can use the 4.0s
Those 4.0 King Kong bypasses ended up on the front of a Scary-Fast Class 1400 V8 Ranger. He ended up scaring himself so bad he sold the truck and bought a class 5 (unlimited baja bug) instead. Rumor is, the latest owner just putts around in that Ranger and has Never run WFO in the desert. ;)

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the majority of the brackets out there fit fairly well, would it seems to come down to is the thickness of the steel/metal and how strong it is. Some of them are waaaaay to thin of metal and you’re going down a trail and the bracket just shakes like crazy.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of good content/mods, and maintenance going on. Loving it!

BTW, anyone know what type of grease is used for the steering rack shaft under the rubber boot? Existing/oem grease looks to be gold in color and pretty sticky. I’m putting in some RPG tie rods and the rack got dirty after removing the OEM boot and had to degrease it and clean.
Well according to the local dealer I called , this is what they use : https://www.ebay.com/p/1428505655
I have a feeling it’s similar to Lucas oil red N tacky…