What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Park next to a curb and use the steering wheel, you will find it tough though unless you're over 7' with long legs, lol.
Well that answers that, yeah kinda figured it wouldn't be easy and I'm 6' with short legs lol. I may just take them off anyhow but temporarily, to tend to the rockers and get the boards re coated- they're peeling bad underneath. I don't drive her much these days anyway.

85eurocarrera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, this is my next mod to delete the running boards. My rockers need some attention, i figure taking off the boards would help facilitate that work and I've always liked how the trucks look without them.

How is it getting into the truck without the step? and no driver's grab bar
I'm 6'4" and it's still a stretch to get in.

I like the running board look, but took them off to prep for the Woolwax treatment. I found its much easier to get pressure washer sprayer up in rocker area while washing. And the fact that these boards and brackets are going to collect salted slush and ice, I'm going to leave them off this winter.

As far as rocks go, I'm going to try and find some cheap mud flaps for the front wheels.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I like the running board look, but took them off to prep for the Woolwax treatment. I found its much easier to get pressure washer sprayer up in rocker area while washing. And the fact that these boards and brackets are going to collect salted slush and ice, I'm going to leave them off this winter.

As far as rocks go, I'm going to try and find some cheap mud flaps for the front wheels.
I don't have mudflaps but I did put 3m clear tape on the bottom of my front doors, it has held up really well, 6 years now. It might be a good idea to put some on your rockers, mudflaps only catch so much, just sayin'. Good luck.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
** ROAD TRIP REPORT **

- 2,500 miles over the Rockies
- 13.2 trip mpg. 5star tune on 91 octane.
- 110 gps top speed
- 90 mph for hours and hours and hours across Wyoming
- <.5 quart oil used in 130k mile truck
- pass side dash rattle at 80mph making me slightly crazy

good cruiser. do recommend. :)
where you headed?

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score

Yeah one of the first things i did was to get flaps.

Come spring im gonna see what condition they survived the great salt winter and maybe sand them down and spray some bedliner coating on them.