What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My transmission cooler is stock, the new cooler is for my powersteering.

If you are looking to upgrade, I believe that there are larger options. At least for gen 1 trucks, but I would have to think it should work for yours as well.

They have the Saudi version cooler. I don't know the Ford part number offhand, but Forged Off-road calls it their stage 1 transmission cooler.

It comes on the larger ford trucks.

thanks, guys!
I'll look into it.

DWH3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, next time I get it out of the garage I will. Can’t get much more arraign on the way it is. Any dimensions you need?

Not 100% sure but I’d say it is the transmission cooler.Those little coolers not stout enough for your environment I assume?
This isn’t the best picture and my truck is currently at the body shop so I can’t get a better one. If you could measure the distance from the edge of the headlight to the side of the reservoir that will be closest to my intercooler that would probably be the most helpful. I’m going by the shop tomorrow so I’ll try to get a better picture of exactly what I’m talking about. Thanks again!
3c859f2011475427c0a22a924de7a12d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWH3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, next time I get it out of the garage I will. Can’t get much more arraign on the way it is. Any dimensions you need?

Not 100% sure but I’d say it is the transmission cooler.Those little coolers not stout enough for your environment I assume?
I finally made it over to the body shop. The hose going to the intercooler is missing an extension so it will sit a little different once that is installed. Any idea if the PS reservoir will fit based on this picture?

I also have the upgraded OEM transmission cooler that someone else was asking about. You can barely see it behind the intercooler.
730b46a93fa3dc2851a303714d093837.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

Installed the Lomax tonneau cover

4bdd0400344fdc248b4bdad90779f8f4.jpg

Called dealership as they did work before I left for RTO a couple weeks ago and still needed finish putting in a new starter (under warranty) but they let me take it without paying and we would just settle up when I got back. They did replace the parking brake cable under warranty too because it was sticking.

On my way back from Georgia, a semi tossed up a large rock and broke my windshield. I pulled over and the semi passed, caught up to it and took pictures including the drivers face. While driving, called the contractor company and spoke with risk management. Gave her video and pictures, open and shut case with evidence! Check in the mail
(Pics off my dashcam video)

a788f2202ecff7ab9b8618c2c999e1ba.jpg

cedeb8eb5dec2e238d18ce862b68af63.jpg

c6f970f4b1d2b9b573867c9b1fcac071.jpg

Had dealership add replacing the windshield too. I live out of town and their shuttle doesn’t drive out this far. Told them now with the Coronavirus that if I bring it in, I need a ride home because my client doesn’t want me to come to their office for a few weeks. Instead, they come to my house to pickup my raptor, leave me a rental and bring back my truck the same day. What service!!

5b7b360912d4bcd2d59180789b6226df.jpg

Pickup and delivery driver said they both enjoyed driving my truck. Pickup guy was a salesman and said he could bring back a new one, LOL...yeah right.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally made it over to the body shop. The hose going to the intercooler is missing an extension so it will sit a little different once that is installed. Any idea if the PS reservoir will fit based on this picture?

I also have the upgraded OEM transmission cooler that someone else was asking about. You can barely see it behind the intercooler.

2392B4AD-F175-492B-B45E-C0DB2D630C0B.jpeg 20F76182-2DCF-44F8-BD2A-A62F04E342CE.jpeg 208ED490-0247-41AF-8900-F5457E3A284B.jpeg Here is a few photos: a couple from more straight on and one showing the point I measured from. The furthest extent of the reservoir is right at 5 inches. The reservoir can rotate in the bracket some to gain more clearance with the hose fittings.

Based on the picture in your previous post it looks like if it fits it will be tight. It may depend on the new extension on the intercooler hose.

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed Lomax trifold cover, Thought it would sit a little more flush guess I just got to get used to it.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
My A/C blower suddenly stopped working while we were on the road...I thought that either my blower crapped out, or a fuse, etc., burned-out??? So, I went through as many have posted previously a diagnostic step by step and eliminated each possible cause... ultimately, it was the dual resistor just behind the glove box. Wa-la, I we have A/C again. It even feels like it is even colder, at least it feels like the dual and rear air is colder, as such the overall cabin has a felt cooler state. Also, went ahead and replaced the transfer case fluid with Mercon LV...Also, checked and topped off where needed all engine bay fluids. Next round of changes after a small trip this week, oil/filter change, tire rotation, rear-end fluid, and transmission fluid/filter replacement.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My A/C blower suddenly stopped working while we were on the road...I thought that either my blower crapped out, or a fuse, etc., burned-out??? So, I went through as many have posted previously a diagnostic step by step and eliminated each possible cause... ultimately, it was the dual resistor just behind the glove box. Wa-la, I we have A/C again. It even feels like it is even colder, at least it feels like the dual and rear air is colder, as such the overall cabin has a felt cooler state. Also, went ahead and replaced the transfer case fluid with Mercon LV...Also, checked and topped off where needed all engine bay fluids. Next round of changes after a small trip this week, oil/filter change, tire rotation, rear-end fluid, and transmission fluid/filter replacement.

glad you figured it out

were you able to fix this on the go?

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
glad you figured it out

were you able to fix this on the go?
kinda -sorta on the road repaired...as far as checking, the fuses, relays and compressor were all done during the trip. At the time I was betting that the dual resistor failed, however, unlike most I found online with similar issues, the my resistor did not appear to have shorted or the terminal burned out or melted connections. Still I ordered an OEM Motorcraft resistor on Amazon, since many suggested that knockoff parts were unreliable and didn't last at best. So after three days of suffering Florida heat and humidity, I received my replacement part, installed and the A/C is back and running up to ***** again. Also learned as I was researching, that improved cooler air was achieved by insulating the a/c lines in the engine bay area. So that is next immediate small project.