What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kinda -sorta on the road repaired...as far as checking, the fuses, relays and compressor were all done during the trip. At the time I was betting that the dual resistor failed, however, unlike most I found online with similar issues, the my resistor did not appear to have shorted or the terminal burned out or melted connections. Still I ordered an OEM Motorcraft resistor on Amazon, since many suggested that knockoff parts were unreliable and didn't last at best. So after three days of suffering Florida heat and humidity, I received my replacement part, installed and the A/C is back and running up to ***** again. Also learned as I was researching, that improved cooler air was achieved by insulating the a/c lines in the engine bay area. So that is next immediate small project.

same climate here - perhaps even hotter

would be interested in your ac line insulation project

thank you

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took off for some back road blasting. Found a cool web-site called gravel maps, lets you locate dirt roads by county. You would think that dirt roads were easy to find here in TX, but they aren't!!
It was a cold/wet ****** day, for most people...but perfect for a day of sliding around corners.

RR.jpg RR2.jpg

Deckmaster

Reaction score

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
same climate here - perhaps even hotter

would be interested in your ac line insulation project

thank you
So I did go to a Lowe’s today vs HomeDepot which has long lines outside in order to come in yesterday out of “abundance of caution”. Lowe’s didn’t, I told my wife, “I bet-ya, Lowe’s is owned by a conservative and HD by a liberal.” Lowe’s was open for business and no lines to come in or special quota entry. Anyway, I digress...did pick up a 1/2” pipe foam insulation. It’s split along one side and has a film covering the adhesive. See pic for more details. Pretty straight forward. Let’s see if as others reported, that this will increase cooling. I really didn’t have/had a cooling or temperature problem but if this helps I might be able to/orb only need regular cooling vs Max settings on the hottest of days? And help the crew back seats area to be cooler?

EA3408E9-3B90-4164-A7F3-96F023051385.jpeg

72435E2B-76E9-424C-AE42-4128108C06B6.jpeg

2653FF3E-C069-4495-9EFA-CFA16C3087DA.jpeg

Last edited: