What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well turns out I finally got orders. I was told I was going to 3 different places over the last 6 months. Now I have a 4000 mile road trip in my near future. I'm trying to put together a list of all the things I need to do. Im at like 59500 miles. I was thinking next month getting trans filter replaced, brake rotors and pads, brake likes, new battery, oil..... I may wait off on plugs and since I'm already planning on a bigger radiator I'll probably wait on a coolant flush as well.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well turns out I finally got orders. I was told I was going to 3 different places over the last 6 months. Now I have a 4000 mile road trip in my near future. I'm trying to put together a list of all the things I need to do. Im at like 59500 miles. I was thinking next month getting trans filter replaced, brake rotors and pads, brake likes, new battery, oil..... I may wait off on plugs and since I'm already planning on a bigger radiator I'll probably wait on a coolant flush as well.
Have both differentials serviced too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have both differentials serviced too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rear was done about 20k ago when I installed the bro-dozer diff cover. I'll be changing to the Ford Racing/Splicer diff cover later on. Front is probably worth doing but since the trip is going to be mostly backroad or township highways (I'm trying to stay off the main interstates) it shouldn't be an issue until I arrive in California.

I'm gonna stock up on a few jerry cans and throw the extra spare under the truck so if I get a little lost it won't be an issue. I should also have a fair bit of tools on board. I just gotta remember I basically have to pack up most of my life thats not my furniture into the truck lol.

D

Deleted member 12951

Out in Georgia (from sunny kalifornia) working on a job so i went to Durhamtown on my day off. Fun place, probably a lot more fun not after a few days of rain!
I should have asked before but i just assumed they had gpx files...nope!
#nojeepers

Planning on going there in March for the RTO event? I registered and have a good feeling that its going to be muddy, which I am dreading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Planning on going there in March for the RTO event? I registered and have a good feeling that its going to be muddy, which I an dreading.

I had the same thought. I watched the YouTube video from spring 2019 event. Assuming the weather is similar it might give you an idea.

I wouldn’t know what is really muddy and what isn’t for a 6000lbs + truck and all terrains. My experience has been with four wheelers where you went looking for mud.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I checked the fluid level in the transfer case. Doesn't seem remarkable, I know, But I'd just had the transfer case replaced at the dealership, and I wanted to be certain that the fluid level was correct. Good thing I checked. It was about seven fluid ounces low.