What color option did you choose for your Gen2 Raptor?

What color option did you choose for your Gen2 Raptor?

• Avalanche Grey (New) - Exclusive to Raptor in the F-150 Lineup

Votes: 79 30.7%
  • Lightning Blue (New)

Votes: 59 23.0%
  • Ingot Silver

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Oxford White

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • Magnetic

Votes: 39 15.2%
  • Race Red

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Shadow Black

Votes: 26 10.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Isn't that the irony though? If you're cleaning your vehicle all the time, what does the color matter at that point? Sure, swirls and dust will show on some angles. Dust is easily taken care of with a swiffer, right? I'm somewhat OCD with my cars and I kept my last black car pretty clean and it looked awesome. Around age 11-12, I started to not care as much and it showed its age but one quick drive through the car wash and it was gleaming again.

I still have some time to switch from black to avalanche grey though. The uniqueness of the color is tugging at me but I feel I'll get a little bored of the color over time as it doesn't pop when it's clean nor does it stand out when it's dirty so it's a great middle-road for the OCD'ers (like me!). I'd love to see it with the hood and rear graphics though!

This pic from ADD did it in for me:
bAba5O.jpg

Link to full album: #NAIAS: DETAILED Inside + Out! Ford Drops The All-New F-150 Raptor And 001 SNAPS The BEST Real-Life Pics! - AutoSpies Auto News

I dont want to have to always clean my cars. The longer they stay looking good the better. Black stays clean for less than 45 seconds.

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a black Audi for the last ten years and think it will be the last and only black car I ever own. Love the look but impossible to keep clean. My neighbor has a white Ram and I don't think he has washed it for over a year. Both cars live outside and from 3-4 feet away his looks perfectly clean (except under the wheel arches). A penny size splotch of bird poop on mine and you can see it from a mile away.

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a black Audi for the last ten years and think it will be the last and only black car I ever own. Love the look but impossible to keep clean. My neighbor has a white Ram and I don't think he has washed it for over a year. Both cars live outside and from 3-4 feet away his looks perfectly clean (except under the wheel arches). A penny size splotch of bird poop on mine and you can see it from a mile away.

I had a black BMW 325xi for about 11 years and it was mainly garage kept. for the first 5-6 years, I washed it about every other week, maybe every 3 weeks, with a quick polish at the end. Absolutely loved it when it was clean and it kept up during the week (even with the dust). When I shined the tires, that's when it popped. Shiny tires can distract from the little imperfections of a clean car, haha.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Isn't that the irony though? If you're cleaning your vehicle all the time, what does the color matter at that point? Sure, swirls and dust will show on some angles. Dust is easily taken care of with a swiffer, right? I'm somewhat OCD with my cars and I kept my last black car pretty clean and it looked awesome. Around age 11-12, I started to not care as much and it showed its age but one quick drive through the car wash and it was gleaming again.

I still have some time to switch from black to avalanche grey though. The uniqueness of the color is tugging at me but I feel I'll get a little bored of the color over time as it doesn't pop when it's clean nor does it stand out when it's dirty so it's a great middle-road for the OCD'ers (like me!). I'd love to see it with the hood and rear graphics though!

This pic from ADD did it in for me:

bAba5O.jpg

More Avalanche:

JX3C5484.jpg

auto-show-photos.jpg

auto-show-photos.jpg

auto-show-photos.jpg

auto-show-photos.jpg

auto-show-photos.jpg

auto-show-photos.jpg

auto-show-photos.jpg

Link to full album: #NAIAS: DETAILED Inside + Out! Ford Drops The All-New F-150 Raptor And 001 SNAPS The BEST Real-Life Pics! - AutoSpies Auto News

I don't clean it all the time though, it's an off-road truck and I treat it like one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't clean it all the time though, it's an off-road truck and I treat it like one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keeping a truck dirty because "its an offroad truck" is idiotic. Dirt and junk on your paint and everywhere else accelerates wear exponentially. It also attracts more road grim and dirt to compound the problem.

I dunno about you or anyone else but I take care of my toys and vehicles so they last as long as possible.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh. Paint is so much better than it used to be - so much so that you really don't have to be so **** about them. Especially the clearcoat metallics. My silver X5 is 13 years old. It gets washed about twice a year these days, by the shop when I take it in to get the oil changed. Back in the day, I used to wash it myself, maybe four times a year. It's never been waxed. Never been garaged. We're too far south to worry about salt, but the sun here is killer. The paint looks perfectly fine. My wife's car is the same. Silver Merc, I think six years old. Rarely washed, never waxed, never garaged, looks great. Silver all the way, baby.

Last edited:

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keeping a truck dirty because "its an offroad truck" is idiotic. Dirt and junk on your paint and everywhere else accelerates wear exponentially. It also attracts more road grim and dirt to compound the problem.

I dunno about you or anyone else but I take care of my toys and vehicles so they last as long as possible.

I don't believe I said I keep it dirty all the time because it's an off-road truck. I said I don't wash it all the time because it's an off-road truck. It doesn't need to be spotless, I'm going to pinstripe it, I don't run running boards and it will get sling, I'm not afraid to have a dirty truck. Lol reminds me of the guys that won't off-road a raptor cause it's too expensive for that lol. Also like ovrlnd said, paint has changed, is much more durable than it once was.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe I said I keep it dirty all the time because it's an off-road truck. I said I don't wash it all the time because it's an off-road truck. It doesn't need to be spotless, I'm going to pinstripe it, I don't run running boards and it will get sling, I'm not afraid to have a dirty truck. Lol reminds me of the guys that won't off-road a raptor cause it's too expensive for that lol. Also like ovrlnd said, paint has changed, is much more durable than it once was.

Paint has changed but mostly with the ceramic paints that are very hard. Traditional paint (like on the raptor) is still relatively soft. It is not the paint itself that can cause issues, it's contaminants that get embedded and then rust.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Paint has changed but mostly with the ceramic paints that are very hard. Traditional paint (like on the raptor) is still relatively soft. It is not the paint itself that can cause issues, it's contaminants that get embedded and then rust.

Thanks, I am aware, but appreciate the input.