Icon vs Deaver follow-up

Icon Multi Rate or Deaver

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ParaRaptor

Reaction score
Here I am at the suspension bifurcation... Icon multi rate or Deavers? I've read through thread after thread as far back as threads go. So here is my unanswered questions.

How are your Icons or Deavers holding up after 5 years?

Did you find value in the money/time investment to upgrade the stock leafs?

For you Icon buyers: Did you ever actually utilize the "adjustable" feature that Icon touts?

Give me all your thoughts and opinions. I'll be purchasing one or the other this week. Thanks!

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deaver +3 SD, holding up great, 10/10 would bang again.
I bought used, not sure how many miles were on them, and have put 40k on them.
Rustoleum keeps the surface rust at bay, which is the only downside I've found with them.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
so Ive ran both on my gen 2, heres my thoughts.

For starters anyone who knows me knows I absolutely beat my trucks. 2019 with Fox Race Series live valves. Ive ran both Icons on stage 2 and Deaver +3HD. Ive always had a consistent 300-500LBs in the bed 24/7/365. Chase rack, two full size spares, pro eagle, two gas cans, tools, etc.

At 800 miles we slapped on the Icons on stage 2 knowing how much weight id have in the bed. They did beautifully and I wouldnt expect anything else. They were stiff, yes but the weight in the bed helped and the way I use the truck the stiffness was a benefit. I did two a few times and it did it like a charm. Going from an empty bed to 400lbs sagged the leafs about 3/4”.

At 2years/17k miles I replaced my leafs. Why? Well like I said I abuse my truck. Probably 10-12 of those 17k miles were off road. Two texas raptor runs, countless local events, etc. im sure I average jumping my trucks a few thousand times a year. Thatd put wear on any suspension so id call 17k miles really impressive with absolutely no removal of weight in the bed.

I swapped over to Deavers when I rebuilt my suspension. No reason, just had em at the shop. Id of happily done Icons again.

The deavers were great. Also. Didnt wear em out before I sold the truck but they rode as well as the Icons. I maybe sat 1/4” lower with the same set up in the bed on deavers compared to Icons. Both ran very very similar. I never took my Icons off setting 2.

Icon pros:
Price
Lower freight
Coated individually before assembly
Modular to change if you want to

Deaver pros:
Longer more known name in springs
More height/duty options
More options for aftermarket traction bars

We carry both at Hammer Performance. Id be happy to quote you for either or both and see which fits best for you.

YelloEye

Reaction score
On +3HD almost a year now. Needed it to help the rear end out, had an add-a-leaf prior which was good for the weight, but wheel hop was worse and it didn't quite handle the trailer as well. Haven't gotten to really off-road with them yet, but the limited amount I have they ride nicer and feel more composed. Did the recommended coating spray on the springs before install, gonna follow up again every spring to make sure they never squeak.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The +2 SDs are stock or a little SOFTER than stock spring rate. I forget. I installed +2 HDs which is supposed to be good for +450ls of weight over stock (tow a boat at times). Usually only run with about 150-200 lbs of eagle jack jack and other gear. Could perceive a little extra harshness for about a week then all was normal.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still interesting by this if I find a decent price for shipping to Europe...
How do you feel your truck whith deaver +2 when bed is empty ?
I went with the +2 which is stock height and basically as plush as you are going to get with a leaf spring. I have a diamondback bed cover which probably weights 50 ish pounds or so (not the HD version, the lighter SE version) with the tool tray at the front of the bed. I'd say I've got 200 ish pounds in the bed all the time, no issues and the truck is level even though I have fox 3.0's all around.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deaver +3HD been on the truck for probably 4 years and nothing but good things to say I would do the same thing again.