Icon vs Deaver follow-up

Icon Multi Rate or Deaver

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
since its on topic for the thread, we do have Icons for the gen 2 on sale here at Hammer Performance.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have icons and icon perch collars. Springs are set to option 2 and I still have a decent amount of rake with roof Tent, Leitner rack, spare tire on bed about 300-400 pounds. And my collars are at max height. Plan to add longer shackles to drop the rear and maybe gain some up front with new coilovers. Wheel hop is gone but it has shown up once or twice if tires want to skip a bit. No noise issues, or comfort issues. Shocks are the issue now

Kaled

Reaction score
I had Deavers +2 for 7 yrs now and I loved them , I’m thinking to replace them with icon springs or Deaver +3 , why ? Becuase I have the RXT shock in the rear I don’t know if deavers will work with that off-road wise ?

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had Deavers +2 for 7 yrs now and I loved them , I’m thinking to replace them with icon springs or Deaver +3 , why ? Becuase I have the RXT shock in the rear I don’t know if deavers will work with that off-road wise ?
Theyll work.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took Icons off my truck that were worn out and W'ed in only 2.5yrs/40k miles on "option 1". I replaced them deaver +3HD's on and the truck rides better than the Icon's ever did. Will always recommend deaver.

Also a big thanks to @Rick at FMS for helping me get into the new set of Deavers. He even let me do a will call pick up at Deaver to save the shipping costs.

Last edited: