What a joke..tried to order a raptor and...dealers suck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its a dam shame you're walking in to spend $60k and are treated like shit. My experiences have been the same. That is why I only do business over the phone and shop around.

ppl here saying demand makes the price, ppl are willing to pay that much.

Never had that problem buying a Cayman R or a BMW. The experience at those dealers were easy

I totally agree. Our purchases at Lexus and Infinity were amazing. They make you feel like royalty in those places. Free drinks, snacks, hot front desk chicks.....

I have a great relationship at our dealership. I've been taken to lunch several times and it seems like everyone knows me when I walk in. I know that is rare these days, especially at the ing dealerships. The only advice I give anyone is to develop a relationship with the General Manager as quickly as possible. The service manager, too. These are really the only two guys in the dealership that communicate regularly with the ownership and understand that customer satisfaction drives their actual income. The rest of the salesman are just a bunch of dumb robots walking around getting a paycheck until they find something better to do.

I equate American Automotive dealerships like this (and it is unfortunate): BMW, Lexus, etc are like the Sacks 5th Avenue stores. Ford, Chevy, etc are like the Walmarts and Targets stores. Sure, you go in and buy what you want at either store, but the dressing rooms, toilets and sales staff at the high-end places sure are better looking and more willing to work with you!!!

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks to hear that dude. The worst part is that now you're gonna have to take what they offer you for your 2011 and like it. When they know they've got a trade in, they've now got two opportunities to bend you over.

And not just domestics are bad, my local Mercedes-Benz has been terrible to deal with. I bought my E63 from a dealer 3 hours further away than the closest city, and saved $20,000 vs a lower spec model at the local dealer. My mother and sister had to do the same with their cars, Audi and Porsche pull the same gouging BS.

Tesla seems to have the pricing system figured out, you pay the no haggle price and can order your car like you're buying a TV off Amazon. Doesn't matter which dealer you use or how good of a negotiator you are.

Ninjaneer

Reaction score
My dad called a dealership in a small town near him in Florida. They said they'd give him "MSRP" over the phone. The salesman sent him an invoice, and it showed nearly $80k for the same configuration I got. They had whited out all of the costs on the sheet and added in a "market value" of $10k over true MSRP. So he said **** that guy, and I got him the second allocation from the dealership I ordered mine from. We both paid over MSRP, but we have the first and second of the two allocations this dealership gets, so should be in the first round of trucks that get delivered. Dealerships are really hit or miss. I could have gotten a truck at MSRP, but it wouldn't have been one of the initial allocations, and I don't want to wait.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you guys think a loaded 2011 crew with 50k miles and all that gear is worth? I guess the aftermarket stuff is worth very little...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Main thing is you only had to make one call to get the price you wanted. Hopefully you let the GM know that he's lost all your business and referrals moving forward.

I drive 100 miles to buy my cars because of the relationship I have with my dealer. Their response to me is always...what do we need to do to keep your business. There's good ones out there too.

Congrats on the new Raptor

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been offered a 17 at invoice from a family friend who owns a ford dealership. I'll be keeping my 14 screw V8 instead. If people don't pay these stupid over Msrp prices the dealers will be forced to lower prices. Oh and they still make money at invoice price, it's called holdback.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you guys think a loaded 2011 crew with 50k miles and all that gear is worth? I guess the aftermarket stuff is worth very little...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

De-mod it as much as is reasonable and sell the aftermarket parts separately. Your truck would probably be around 40K on a dealer lot. So trade in offers may be in the 35K to 37K range? You could also take it to Carmax and they'll give you price that they'd buy it outright for.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Story time:
Back in 07 my father was trying to get a KR. Been going to the same dealership since 1990. At first the price was agreed upon at 57k. By the car arrived, the salesperson called my father and apologized because the higher ups wanted 120k for the car. Needless to say he didn't buy that car. And he has never gone there again to buy another Ford.
Think that KR sat there for 2+ years. Then it got sold below 57k once the 10+ body style came out.

I agree with others. Demod, return to stock, and trade in or private sell. Then sell the aftermarket parts on here/CL. Best return on "investment".

Edit, while paying MSRP or ADM suck, y'all do it to yourself. With everyone calling dealers, needing to be the first one with a 17, they have the right to charge what they want. Just like we like to get the most of out a car we are trying to sell.

Last edited:

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Said it before, and I'll say it again, I have NEVER had a worse experience in my car buying life then when it came to buying Fords.

D

Deleted member 12951

Did you do the deal and order for a trade of your raptor without knowing what they will give you for trade-in?

If you did, you are asking for trouble. They will sell to you at a price to get your order and screw you over on the trade, especially if that has not been negotiated up front. And if you walk, they could care less, they will sell your 17' to the next guy.

Granted I ordered my 14' with a trade when it arrived but I already was given the trade amount on paper as long as it was in the same shape and with X amount of miles. In the end, I got a better offer and got the dealership to increase the trade-in by $1750 otherwise I was going to sell it to another dealer and bring them a check. They kept telling me that these were two separate transactions in the beginning until it bit them in the face and I pulled their ******** logic back at them. At first they wanted to back out of the whole deal because my truck was not part of the deal anymore until I mentioned the separate transaction shit.

Do not trust dealerships, they are not you friend.

Last edited by a moderator: