What a joke..tried to order a raptor and...dealers suck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll preface this by saying first world problems ---- boo-hoo I know but...

As a car guy I've been a long time fan and customer of Ford Motor Company. I've had multiple Ford vehicles, and I currently own a Ford Raptor.

I placed an order for a new 2017 Ford Raptor yesterday with my dealer. I planned to trade in my beautiful 2011 Custom Ford Raptor to them. I got an email from the salesman to call the owner operator today to go over pricing, so I did.

I couldn't imagine that this dealer would ask more than MSRP from me. I had the same problem in 2011, almost dropped the idea of getting another Ford. Back then a VP from Ford, Scott Monty, contacted me through Twitter and personally introduced me to this dealer who would gladly sell me the truck at MSRP.

..but now, just like in 2011, the owner of this Ford dealer said they needed 10k OVER MSRP if I wanted to get the truck! This is a dealer I've been working with for years ... This is the dealer who I talked about and referred people to over the years. This dealer said that "no one would give me the Raptor for MSRP" and I'd likely have to pay more.

He asked me to check around...So, I reluctantly did what he said.

After two calls, I found a dealer who will gladly sell me a loaded Raptor for MSRP. It's so frustrating, I actually thought I was a customer for life of this particular dealership. The experience of buying a new car should not be this way, it's bad for business.

So the good news is there is a good dealer out there who wants to take my beautiful 2011 on trade, and will sell me a new one at MSRP.

So thanks for the advice friend, sorry you can't have my repeat business or referrals going forward :-(

Let it be known, the American car dealership experience is still (mostly) broken. I guess this is the reason people love 6330abc2b21f7a19b1d9cbc26bfcac02.jpgTesla - perhaps the only American car company who truly loves each and every one of their customers.

FWIW my previous Raptor has 200,000 views on YouTube.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ziechman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a nice truck other than the fuel hostages. Just see them on too many trucks. But I guess you can say the same about method nv's too

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tesla - perhaps the only American car company who truly loves each and every one of their customers.

Ha. Tell that to the guy who's bricked Tesla they pushed out on the street and left to be towed away. It certainly was justified, but there is no true love there.

All I can say is get over it- it's a business and they are out to make as much money as possible.

FWIW my previous Raptor has 200,000 views on YouTube.

Well, hot damn! Mine has over 200,000 views in real life.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough, but if Ford intended to sell it for 80k they would have priced it as such.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a nice truck other than the fuel hostages. Just see them on too many trucks. But I guess you can say the same about method nv's too
Yeah I notice them everywhere now.

paulhaskew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to meet anyone that works at a car dealership that is there to help you. My experience has been anything but pleasant as well.

My neighbor down the street is a salesman at the local ford dealership. I've known him for several years and told him I wanted the new Raptor back when it was first announced. He called me the day the order banks opened, I go down there and they wanted $5k over MSRP. I walked. He didn't make an attempt to plead my case etc.

Thankfully I have another friend who is a finance manager at another dealership a few states away. A quick phone call to the sales guy he wants me to use there, and same run around. WHAT?! It does finally get sorted and I get a good deal on the truck.

If I could purchase directly from Ford and skip all this middle man BS I absolutely would.

nicul15

Reaction score
its a dam shame you're walking in to spend $60k and are treated like shit. My experiences have been the same. That is why I only do business over the phone and shop around.

ppl here saying demand makes the price, ppl are willing to pay that much.

Never had that problem buying a Cayman R or a BMW. The experience at those dealers were easy

Last edited: