What a joke..tried to order a raptor and...dealers suck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

conflict

Reaction score
I'm a porsche guy ... getting a new raptor is a bit of a PITA but you guys have no idea what it takes to get your hands on a porsche GT car. I called 4 Ford dealerships. I have no relationships with any Ford dealer. The 4th dealer agreed to sell me a 2017 Raptor at MSRP. I went in and did it for 1000 down and have an order priority of 19.

It took a few frustrating phone calls but I got it done. good luck!

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a porsche guy ... getting a new raptor is a bit of a PITA but you guys have no idea what it takes to get your hands on a porsche GT car. I called 4 Ford dealerships. I have no relationships with any Ford dealer. The 4th dealer agreed to sell me a 2017 Raptor at MSRP. I went in and did it for 1000 down and have an order priority of 19.

I'm sure there are a few members on here that know a lot about Porsche, like @Mjolnir

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score

with porsche it's the same as it is with Ford - cultivate the right relationships. I got my GT3 without any problems at sticker (other porsches below sticker). and I use Klement Ford in Decatur (they are not a big raptor dealer) but I get things at invoice from them.

still on the fence on the 2017's. I think I have two more years in my 2012, then will probably jump to a 2019.

nicul15

Reaction score
I didn't have that problem with the Cayman back in 2012. I went in for a regular Cayman and they were talking me into the Cayman R in the showroom. Not a GT car but is as close as it gets. I did know the owner of the dealership, and they gave me a great deal on the R and were VERY nice.

Last edited:

20psirabbit

Reaction score
Tell them you guarantee they'll lose more than 10k over this in the long run and that they'll never see you again. Problem solved.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor has 80K miles on it. Never seen any mud to speak of. I like the truck but after 6 years it is time a change. So got mine after talking to 15 or so dealers at MSRP.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a MSRP deal with a small local dealer. Doesn't sell a lot of cars, but had 2 allocations, I got the first then I turned a fella (out of state forum member) onto the other. This dealer sells all of their vehicles at msrp. They tried to get a GT350R for me but couldnt, still they offered to take drop ship of two that I ordered out of state. I can understand adm on a vehicle they only make 500 a year of, but 20,000+? No

Agree with others, strip all the mods off and sell individually. The out of state dealer I traded my '14 gt500 on , gave a good trade in on the 350r, but wasn't going to give any extra for the mods, so I pulled them off and getting ready to sell, should be able to get 1,000 extra quickly for the stuff. 1,000 is better than nothing and it only took a couple hrs to pull off.

conflict

Reaction score
with porsche it's the same as it is with Ford - cultivate the right relationships. I got my GT3 without any problems at sticker (other porsches below sticker).

False.

go get a sticker GT RS... go get sticker on a 991.2 GT3 or the upcoming GTRS. Go get a 911R. It's not even remotely the "same as it is with Ford"

Last edited:

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
False.

go get a sticker GT RS... go get sticker on a 991.2 GT3 or the upcoming GTRS. Go get a 911R. It's not even remotely the "same as it is with Ford"

I had a GT3 RS at sticker. I gave up my place mainly because i use my GT3 more on the street than on the track.

I have never had a dealer refuse to sell me any new (key word here is new) Porsche at list. Sure they mark up used ones to over value, but I have dealt with Porsche of Plano, Park Place Porsche in Bellevue, Spokane Porsche, and Foreign Cars Italia - in every case I was able to get either Turbo or GT3 at MSRP. (Foreign Cars sold me a Turbo S Cab for $1500 over invoice).

Sure there are suck ass dealers out there, but there are also great ones, just take the time, work the relationship and you can find what you want.

conflict

Reaction score
I had a GT3 RS at sticker. I gave up my place mainly because i use my GT3 more on the street than on the track.

I have never had a dealer refuse to sell me any new (key word here is new) Porsche at list. Sure they mark up used ones to over value, but I have dealt with Porsche of Plano, Park Place Porsche in Bellevue, Spokane Porsche, and Foreign Cars Italia - in every case I was able to get either Turbo or GT3 at MSRP. (Foreign Cars sold me a Turbo S Cab for $1500 over invoice).

Sure there are suck ass dealers out there, but there are also great ones, just take the time, work the relationship and you can find what you want.

Turbos are easy to get though i would never advice buying a new one. porsche doesnt technically allow their dealerships to sell over MSRP. But they have ways to convert their allotments into "pre-owned" with obscene markups.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc