What a joke..tried to order a raptor and...dealers suck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turbos are easy to get though i would never advice buying a new one. porsche doesnt technically allow their dealerships to sell over MSRP. But they have ways to convert their allotments into "pre-owned" with obscene markups.

Yeah, but like I said, for every shit dealer there is one out there that cares about customers.

This is the main reason I stopped buying Ferrari's. The dealers can't mark up their cars, but they force customers into stupid contracts which requires them to buy a used car first, then get on the new car list, with a requirement that if they sell the car within 18 months they sell it back to the dealer, who then marks it thru the roof to sell it used.

lost way too much money on those stupid practices, now I get Porsches and at least come closer to experience with Raptor of not really losing money.

rxraptor

Reaction score
I've tried about 10 dealers in Kentucky and the cheapest quote I received was MSRP + $5k. Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Toyota Tundra TRD PRO.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried about 10 dealers in Kentucky and the cheapest quote I received was MSRP + $5k. Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Toyota Tundra TRD PRO.

wait till the hype settles down. it sounds like there will be deals to be had in 6-12 months time or even sooner, if your'e patient.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All this msrp ++ bs will be long forgotten in a bit. The guys who pay it will be out that much and more a year from now

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well guys, dealer owner emailed me and apologized. He offered a loaded screw at MSRP in Avalanche... Will be here before the end of the year.

It's now a choice between that or a Platinum.. I know they are widely different but man that Plat is nice...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys, dealer owner emailed me and apologized. He offered a loaded screw at MSRP in Avalanche... Will be here before the end of the year.

It's now a choice between that or a Platinum.. I know they are widely different but man that Plat is nice...

The same guy that was 10k over?

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same guy yep. History I guess is more important to them.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh man.. Good to know thanks. I was struggling with this decision.

Seriously though, the ride in the Raptor is 10x better than the Platinum was. And the stuff you can do in the Raptor......

You do lose towing capacity, but if you don't need that, I'd go with the Raptor. Are you considering a Gen2?

I'm not into the whole Gen2 thing yet, but it looks like they are going to have most of the electronic gadgets that make the Platinums pretty cool. I will say that I kinda miss the automatic wipers. Did an aftermarket leather cover on the console cause I really liked that too. Other than that, the Raptor is was the winner.

Good luck with your choice!!!