West Coast / CA prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea but that would require me to research and contact 20-30 dealers to verify they have the unit in stock, make sure it has the 50 state emissions, negotiate the price, get bothered by phone calls and texts at 5am on a weekend... Already did this back in 2020 when I got my first Raptor. Even got connected with people on this forum back then stating they would get me $8k under msrp, just to find out they were silver or black units with no options or no 50 state emissions, which is a must for CA. Wasnt worth it. I'm happy to contact an out of state dealer if anyone has specific points of contact.
Buying preowned is easier to search countrywide, but Im only looking for brand new
i dont want to sound like an ass here, but requiring you to contact a dealer? making several calls? negotiating? texting back and forth with a dealer? isnt that what you do when shopping for a vehicle anyways? it sounds like you arent willing to put in any effort to find your own vehicle and want others who have spent the time calling and checking, to hand it to you. if its a vehicle you want, you are going to have to put forth some work

Punkur67

Reaction score
i dont want to sound like an ass here, but requiring you to contact a dealer? making several calls? negotiating? texting back and forth with a dealer? isnt that what you do when shopping for a vehicle anyways? it sounds like you arent willing to put in any effort to find your own vehicle and want others who have spent the time calling and checking, to hand it to you. if its a vehicle you want, you are going to have to put forth some work
I agree with you on that. I spent a week calling every dealer semi local that showed what i wanted in stock till I finally found mine. Most were $7500-$10k over MSRP, and all the way up to $25k over. I talked Most down to $7500 over, a couple to $6k over, and finally found mine at $4k over and pulled the trigger. Definitely lots of phone calls, emails, and texts messages to get my truck.

Arizona Free

Reaction score
Yea but that would require me to research and contact 20-30 dealers to verify they have the unit in stock, make sure it has the 50 state emissions, negotiate the price, get bothered by phone calls and texts at 5am on a weekend... Already did this back in 2020 when I got my first Raptor. Even got connected with people on this forum back then stating they would get me $8k under msrp, just to find out they were silver or black units with no options or no 50 state emissions, which is a must for CA. Wasnt worth it. I'm happy to contact an out of state dealer if anyone has specific points of contact.
Buying preowned is easier to search countrywide, but Im only looking for brand new
Maybe move to Arizona. None of that ****** crap here.

Arizona Free

Reaction score
Buying out of state was super easy. I highly recommend it before they make it illegal in this dumb state by New Scum. All trucks are 50 state as stated above. Throw a dart on a map of the US and it will most likely have a cheaper price than CA.
In Arizona if you buy from a private party, when you go to register there is NO SALES TAX. Thats a big savings.

scottybs

Reaction score
So let me get this straight… YOU are bitching about putting the effort in to find a truck at a cheaper price point than in your home state. Sorry but kick rocks with that attitude. I called dealers all over the country, and with EFFORT I found one at MSRP when west cost dealers ALL wanted an arm and a leg over sticker. Your turn to put the work in. UFB.

Last edited: