Welcome to the Raptor Tech Forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Belated welcome. Neither of you guys like diesel work I always thought that is wehre all the money is? Its what pays for my raptor anyways. Thanks to International

There's definitely money to be made in diesel repairs at the shop I'm at. Lots of oil & gas industry around here, so always broke F250, 350, 450 with 6.0's and 6.4's to keep one busy (specially If you like to live at the shop). The extra hours there, just aren't worth it to me. I wouldn't get paid anymore per commission hour to specialize or certify in diesel repair. I hope at 50 I still have working knees, shoulders, and back, so the extra physical labor diesel work brings never appealed to me. Between that, and the additional cost of special tools I would need to buy, the extra $500-$1000 or whatever I might make a month isn't worth it. Specially right now since I'm trying to make my move out of the industry, the time spent to acquire the skills to make money on diesel repair by flat rate would never pay off.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
yea I can't argue there at all. Plus trying to get diesel oil off of yourself is a whole other story.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please welcome jdowens1 to the Ford Raptor Tech team!!!

If you've read his posts, it obvious jdowens1 is a very knowledgeable guy. Being recognized, and certified by Ford as a Senior Master Technician means the guy is da "cream of the crop" when it comes to quality Automobile Technicians. I'm glad to see him here!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of the Raptor Tech guys here have been a tremendous asset to FRF and the rest of us weekend wrenchmen. Welcome to the Tech Crew JD and thank you for your continued support and dedication to FRF.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
WELCOME!
Nice to have another great mind to help resolve problems.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Thanks to pirate for adding me, I will do my best to help out when I can. I also am a diesel tech so if anyone has any questions on those. I look forward to working with the rest of ford tech crew to help answer anyones questions.

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
Raptor Tech Forum Suggestion

First let me thank those that take their time to keep us informed here. It is much appreciated!!!

I would like to suggest that we consider a sticky here for the sole purpose of cataloging TSB's. A sticky that just links to various TSB's directly without chatter?

These guys do a great job for example Login

Ahhhh crap I think you have to log in. Anyway it just lists the service bullitens sequentially fwiw.

Just makes it easier as time goes on to find this stuff that posted in threads and buried.

Waddaya say???? :grd: :hidesbehindsofa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc