water in the front diff !!!!!??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mikexr1

Mikexr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok also good to know,,,but this is why we are taught to PMCS everything in the military,
" preventative maintenance checks and services " a system that allows you to find faults on your vehicle before it turns into a major problem......as I said before I do this with my own vehicles and it has saved me many times, but for this case I caught this issue before any big problems down the line happened with this torsen diff ..$$$...but thank you to everyone for your input, and one spot that makes sense to me at this point is the fitting for the vacuum line...so that's the plan...

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
other thing if you replaced your oil and still had some in. When they refill it it will over fill if they put in the spec amount.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The breather tubes are prone to leaking where it connects to the diff and could also suck in water at that point.

Yes got my front diff and the rear polluted on my last Dodge oil burner by driving through a flooded (foot deep) hwy for about 30 miles. Went in through the vents---one of the first things I do on my vehicles is route the vent tubes to the gas filler tube level.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I know I'm a skeptic but my first thought is a crooked shop trying to sell unneeded services.

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you "spot check" the diffs? I thought it was either crack the seal and let it drain or leave it alone. Even if you just crack it enough to get some fluid out the tighten it back up you are still ruining the gasket/seal, right?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you "spot check" the diffs? I thought it was either crack the seal and let it drain or leave it alone. Even if you just crack it enough to get some fluid out the tighten it back up you are still ruining the gasket/seal, right?

your thinking tranny oil.