water in the front diff !!!!!??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikexr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
starting out by saying hello to everyone here... just joined the forum...

ok so long story short, wife took in the raptor to a local shop for an oil change, im deployed in Afghanistan right now and my primary jobs are truck repair/ recovery....anyway.. the guys at the shop opened up the front, rear, diffs and transfer to spot check fluids, well the front diff was FULL OF WATER!!!, the truck has 15,000 miles on it and the last oil change inspection was done at 12,000..and at that time no water...so first off check the vacuum line to the front diff, it WAS connected and no damage to the line, and neither the input seal or both out put seals showed any signs of leaking, fill and drain plug where also tight,,,,we had the fluid changed out and flushed at the local ford dealer, they couldn't find any reason y this happened...and since then once a week she stops in just to have it checked ,and after heavy rain falls as well.... all is fine..!!!

so how the hell does a half a gallon of water end up in the front diff?????? anyone??

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First, thank you for your service. Second, why would they "spot check" the fluids on a new vehicle. It just sounds strange to me. I could see if the truck had some miles on it. Something just isn't right here.

OP
OP
Mikexr1

Mikexr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im a crazy person when it comes to regular services....Ive done this with all my vehicles since as long as I can remember , it takes only a minute to check fluids on these things and well this one time it paid off, thank god, ...

OP
OP
Mikexr1

Mikexr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no water crossings,,my wife has kept it on the road since I left....it really is the strangest thing...but to justvttn I will check it when im home, and figure out a solution to this week point